Chalene Extreme question

Options
Does anyone know where I can find how many calories are burned for the chalene extreme workouts? My husband and I are starting it this week, but can't find that information anywhere.

Replies

• jennyfair24
    jennyfair24 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    The best thing would be to get a heart rate monitor. My husband and I found ones that calculate calories burned. They were like $27 at Walmart, made by Sportsline. Its hard to say how much each person would burn because everyone works at different intensity levels and your age, weight etc factor into the calorie burn. Hope that helps :smile:
  • txsjhawk
    Options
    I wouldnt bother with a cheap HR monitor. They are not accurate and I have found that the one from Walmart does not work when you need it to the most...when you sweat. I agree that a monitor is the best way to go but you need to invest in a good one. Happy exercising
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Enter it as circuit training or high intensity aerobics. 1 hour burns about 600-700 calories. Chalene's the bomb:happy:
  • Degrotet
    Degrotet Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I think the general consensus is the first round of the Push Phase (week 4) and burn between 180 - 225 calories for the strength training workouts and burn between 350 - 400 calories with burn intervals and about 350 with burn it off. I think it depends on you also and how hard you are pushing yourself during the workout. :-) I hope this helps.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I agree that a HRM is the best route but I guess you could just add it as cardio/aerobics and make sure you log it according to the intensity you were working out at.