Looking for Support

Options
KateDegnan
KateDegnan Posts: 34 Member
I'm looking to lose about a hundred pounds. I have a wonderfully supportive husband and an adorable almost 2 year old little boy. I am looking to lose the weight so I can be healthy and have the energy to play with my son. I would appreciate any tips or things that have worked for others. :)

Replies

• agailwilliams77
    Options
    Hi Kate. First let me say Good Luck!! I have also just started my journey and need all the support I can get. After consulting with my physician and doing endless amount of research I have decided Atkins is the lifestyle for me. I need to lose about 60-70 pounds. I started Atkins way of eating on May 26. In the first two weeks I lost 8 pounds. I know low carb is not right for everyone but after assessing my health and nutritional needs with my doctor, and reading the endless amount of information available, I decided it was right for me. So far its going great. I am never hungry. I don't feel deprived at all and I have tons of energy. I have always had a problem with sweets. More than a problem. An addiction. For the first time in my life I don't constantly crave chocolate. Last year I maintained a strict 1200 calorie diet and did at least 45 min of cardio 5 days a week for four straight months with no results. No weight loss, no inches lost. It was so frustrating.
    I hope that whatever method of weight loss you are choosing brings you the health and energy you are looking for and I will be happy to help in any way I can.
    The issue I seem to have is water. I can't seem to drink enough water. I have to force myself to get even 64 ounces and I know I need more than that. Is this a problem for you? Any ideas?
  • Abnersama
    Abnersama Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to lose about a hundred pounds. I have a wonderfully supportive husband and an adorable almost 2 year old little boy. I am looking to lose the weight so I can be healthy and have the energy to play with my son. I would appreciate any tips or things that have worked for others. :)
    Welcome to the party Kate. Best of luck to you - Very happy to see that you have support at home. That will make it so much easier for you.

I haven't been doing any specific kinds of dieting myself. I do generally try to have either fruits and vegetables, or both, every night. I just make sure I get close to my macros and stay just a bit under on calories. I like to go for walks at night (Usually 6 nights a week, sometimes i'll do it every night) and soon i'm going to be visiting the gym when I move to a new town.

The biggest thing I think I could tell you is that you don't need to cut out everything that you think is "bad" in your life. Honestly, I have a small bit of chips every night (a 1oz serving). I look at calories as numbers - As long as my intake is where it needs to be, and i'm not going crazy on my macros (I usually go over on protein) I am fine and lose 1.5 to 2~ a week. You can take a look at my diary if you'd like as it's open to everyone I believe.

My only other tip that you should really take to heart is that while everything is on you... (I am accountable for all of my actions, just like you are for your own, and everyone else is for theirs) you do not need to destroy yourself over small mistakes or if you don't hit your weight loss target every week. Sometimes i'll lose a tiny bit and be under what I would normally lose, and then a few days later what I would have dropped that week comes right off. As long as you are making an effort to be better physically for not only you, but your family, then you should be proud for it.

Hope this helps. At work, otherwise I would have wrote more. :)
  • MJZO
    MJZO Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    This is fantastic news. Tell your friends and family you are embarking on this journey and want them to come along for help and support. You will fail along the way, but that is a good thing because it will make you realize that you are strong enough to pick yourself back up, not quit and keep going. Good going you!
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your decision and having support, that is great!!!!
    This is a great place to for help, motivation and venting.

Remember, its a journey. There Will be Great days, and there will be down days. That's ok. Pick up and keep on going.

Write down Why you want to do this. How it will Feel when you can play with your child(ren) and not be tired, and have that energy and know you're healthier.

Bring it out and read it when you get 'tired' of working out or really want too much junk.

Good luck!!!!!! You CAN Change your life!
    Nancy