How many days per week...

Options
...do you guys get cardio?

I set my goal for three times at thirty minutes each. I have exceeded it so far, but I'm wondering what you all do?

Replies

• NikMomof2
    Options
    I try to get 45-60 minutes, 3 times per week. That generally seems low to me, but two days per week I do a group strength training class. I figure it balances out. Hope that helps!
  • sabeau
    sabeau Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm doing 5 at 45minutes. I've read that you should be doing strength training w/ the cardio to ensure that you're not burning up muscle along w/ the fat.
  • xxjessikatxx
    Options
    I do anywhere from 30 minutes a day to 2 hrs depends..I try to do cardio 6 days a week resting only one day.
  • Geminieve24
    Geminieve24 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I am trying to get in about five days a week for at least 45 minutes. Sometimes an hour. I have about 40 pounds to lose so I got my work cut out for me. If you are just maintaining, three days a week for 30 minutes can help. If you hit a plataeu, you will need to "up" this and/or change your routine. Addthirty minutes of lifting weights to your 30 minutes of cardio. This will help burn fat so much faster!
  • katbass
    katbass Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Im currently aiming for 5 days a week, MINIMUM of 30 minutes (usually tends to be 45 mins or more), but I do strength training along with my cardio. Once I get to my goal weight, Im hoping I can back off to 3 or 4 days.
  • Michellels
    Options
    The American College of Sports Medicine has issued recent guidelines as to how much physical activity is recommended both for weight management and weight loss. For the prevention of weight gain and possible modest weight loss, the ACSM recommends 150 to 250 minutes per week of moderate intensity physical activity. For greater weight loss, they report that 250 to 300 minutes of exercise a week is likely needed.

http://www.fitsugar.com/Medical-Answers-About-Dieting-Calorie-Restriction-Weight-Loss-11533204
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options
    I do mine 5 days a week! not 30 each day though, mon,wed,fri at least 35 and on tuesday and thursday at least two miles then a workout! :)
  • addman72
    addman72 Posts: 220
    Options
    Between 5 and 6 times a week. Depending what time I have I try to do a minimum 1hr.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I do anywhere from 30 minutes a day to 2 hrs depends..I try to do cardio 6 days a week resting only one day.
    Same here...mainly running
  • reese1206
    reese1206 Posts: 229
    Options
    6 Days a week....Between 60min and 90min
  • sandyrff
    Options
    I try to do at least 5 days from 1 to 2 hours helps the stress factor too. If you can't work out as much as you want do not stress because it also makes you gain weight work with what you can you seem to be doing more than the goals you had set so it's good.

2934599.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter