Day 2 ... Looking for buddies

Options
Hello everyone,

I am on day two of MFP and so far I love the tools. It is truly amazing how tracking your intake can influence behavior in such a positive way. Entering your diet is simple compared to going out putting in the time to burn those calories at the gym. I am thinking that being part of the community and seeing the results of others can be a great motivator. So I'd love to hear all the good stories and get some help to kick my butt in gear.

John

Replies

• cindyleigh1967
    cindyleigh1967 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi John,
    I'm on day one. Working on figuring out the tools and charging my fitbit ...which I haven't used in several months. Looking for buddies as well.
    Leigh
  • JCZ10
    JCZ10 Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi Leigh. Welcome. Starting out the same time helps.
  • Ruckus85
    Ruckus85 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey.
    I'll be glad to help in anyway I can, the only thing is I have to be able to read your diary. Add me if you like.
  • JCZ10
    Options
    Awesome thanks.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    If you are active and can handle sarcasm, I'm your girl
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I joined a few months ago, but I have been on this journey for a little over two years. I let 25 pounds sneak up on me over several years, and my doctor finally let me have it. I rejoined my Jazzercise class and took off about 18 pounds in 6 months and played a 2 pounds up 2 pounds down for over a year.

So I joined MFP and finally realized what I was doing. I also purchased a Jawbone UP that tracks the steps I take during the day, and I can also add in my workouts in it, and it all syncs with MFP, so I not only get an accurate picture of how many calories I am eating but what I am burning.

Anyway, only a few more pounds to go! My doctor is happy with me, as I am well within my healthy BMI, and I feel decades younger, and much more energized.

Good luck to you, you can do it.
  • blue696
    blue696 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I joined a while ago, and have been on and off, but have been on recently, and am going to keep with it for as long as I can. I am happy to help support in any way that I can! Feel free too add me!
  • JCZ10
    Options
    Hey thanks. Hopefully I can inspire to stay on until you achieve your goal!
  • JCZ10
    Options
    That's a great accomplishment. Thanks for sharing!!!
  • toeknee45
    toeknee45 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Added. anyone else, feel free to add me. I log everyday and will provide comments to you if you do the same. Tony
  • xxsarah349xx
    xxsarah349xx Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 2 weeks in and am hoping having some buddies on here will help keep me on track this time. Feel free to add me :)
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to get back in the groove after surgery so am happy to accept requests whoop
  • Order_66
    Order_66 Posts: 35
    Options
    I am also on day one. Looking to make some friends and get this thing rolling. Hope y'all have a good weekend!
  • ambercanfield50
    Options
    Hello!

I am on Day 1 also!
  • xSirensSong
    xSirensSong Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I've been around here for a while, but am currently 'restarting' from being on vacation.

Anyone is free to add me! I love meeting new people who have similar goals to mine.

I'm currently wanting to lose 75+ pounds.

:flowerforyou:
  • Cayjominara
    Cayjominara Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    You'll find GREAT buddies on here!
  • Jeffy67
    Jeffy67 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I've been on MFP for around 2 years and have lost and gained the same weight 3 times. But now , I've lost more weight than ever and i'm very active in my life and on here. Always looking for new friends to inspire me and hopefully , I might inspire them.

Thanks,

Jeff
  • JCZ10
    Options
    Cool
  • JCZ10
    Options
    Great Jeff!
  • Donut_Kitty
    Donut_Kitty Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Greetings!!

I joined MFP last night. I figured this is the next step to help motivate me further and keep better track of my progress.
    I'm horrible at keeping track of how many calories I eat and burn.