My Success Story

Options
eh_its_sarah
eh_its_sarah Posts: 61 Member
Hello All! My name is Sarah and I am 22 years old. I figured I would share my success story with everyone since I am very proud of my accomplishments and I would like others around my age to keep going, anything is possible!

I gained my weight after moving to Canada to be with my boyfriend, now husband. I think it MAY have been the excessive drinking, sitting on my bum playing Call of Duty and eating junk food. ;) The weight gradually increased and I didn't really notice until I realized I was completely uncomfortable in ANY sort of summer clothing. I actually dreaded summer, which looking back now, really sucks because I now realize summer is the best season EVER. =D After many attempts to get my butt in gear, I finally one day took before pictures of my body and was so disgusted that I started my weight loss journey. I started at 192 pounds. At first it was a "QUICK, I gotta get this weight off!!" mentality. I did a week 1/2 of the master cleanse diet, which I lost around 10 pounds. I do have to say, it kick-started my motivation for losing weight.

I then started the gym. Would only do 10-20 minutes of the elliptical and half-*kitten* any other workouts. I mainly focused on my diet and made sure I was no higher than 1,500 calories a day. I do have to say, the German in my blood made me pretty damn dedicated to my goals! I then started eating around 1,200 calories a day and sometimes even 1,000. Along with calorie restriction, I started working my *kitten* off at the gym.

I've been working my *kitten* off for the last year, and am happy to say I have lost 54 pounds as of today. I, of course, had many cheat days so maybe I could have lost my weight faster if I didn't eat so many cheeseburgers on the weekends--oh, and vodka shots. :/

Anyway, this is my first time ever posting before pictures. I really hope anyone reading this, whom is wanting to lose weight just like I was, will realize that you can do it. It takes time and dedication but I promise you it is worth it in the end. I am so much happier now. I remember not being able to look in the mirror without shedding a tear. I have come a long way and am even more strong now!
Oh, I am currently 138.6 and my goal weight is 130. I am currently just focusing on weight lifting to really have a toned body. :)

Before: 192
9babr5.jpgjion80.jpg

After: 138
n3ak3n.jpg

Oh, and I am 5'6" :)

Replies

• LauraBalyk
    LauraBalyk Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Loved reading your success story !! first off, welcome to Canada ! my family was all born in Germany but I was born here in Canada haha but I definitely have that dedication in my blood too!
    Congrats on all of your progress, you look amazing !!!!! Keep up the fabulous work !
  • eh_its_sarah
    Options
    @laurakathlen aw thanks so much! One thing I love about myself is the German inside of me. It seriously keeps me dedicated and moving forward! I love it!

Congrats on your weight loss as well!! :)
  • SCSTWG
    SCSTWG Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Great story and transformation. Thanks.
  • yasminara
    yasminara Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!!! You're an inspiration to me, who's trying to lose that kind of weight.
  • lofeisgood
    lofeisgood Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Love your attitude!!Very motivating pictures!!! :-)
  • PinkPanther318
    PinkPanther318 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing Sarah. What a great transformation. I am down 38# have 84 more to go but I am so happy with my progress. Thanks for the inspiration :)
  • cudzsin
    cudzsin Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!
  • mfp2014mfp
    mfp2014mfp Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    You look great, you even carried your initial weight well, Thanks for sharing :flowerforyou:
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    Wow, your before pics don't look anywhere near 192 lbs, but the difference is amazing! Great job!
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    You look so good . You looked good t the beginning too but you look freaking fantastic now
  • divainsneakers
    divainsneakers Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • tpeirona
    tpeirona Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    You look so amazing and your success really inspires me because you had a similar starting weight to me and a similar goal weight. I'm 24 years old, 5'7" started at 195 and my goal weight is 145 but may change as I get closer. It's awesome to see how great you looked and how you were able to power through and get those fabulous results as well as living a healthier lifestyle. Way to go!
  • eh_its_sarah
    Options
    Wow, thanks everyone for all of the kind words. It means a lot to hear. To everyone who said they are still trying to lose their weight--don't give up, it's right around the corner if you just work for it.

I appreciate you guys taking the time out of your day to read my story. :)
  • eh_its_sarah
    Options
    Fantastic!!!! You're an inspiration to me, who's trying to lose that kind of weight.

Awh thanks so much. Don't give up! :)
  • eh_its_sarah
    Options
    Thanks for sharing Sarah. What a great transformation. I am down 38# have 84 more to go but I am so happy with my progress. Thanks for the inspiration :)

Wow, good job!!
  • eh_its_sarah
    Options
    Wow, your before pics don't look anywhere near 192 lbs, but the difference is amazing! Great job!

Aw thank you! And I know, everyone told me, "there is no way you weigh that much!!"
    It's because I naturally have a lot of muscle.. and I carry my weight throughout my body instead of in one area.. which is helpful lol
  • JerseyChic76
    JerseyChic76 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    You look great! Would have never thought your starting weight was 192. Great transformation!
  • eh_its_sarah
    Options
    You look great! Would have never thought your starting weight was 192. Great transformation!

Thanks! :)
  • sbrookes9
    sbrookes9 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Great transformation!
  • haildodger
    haildodger Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Grats! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!