belly fat help

Options
Hey I need advice. I had my son one year ago. I was 104 when I got pregnant and 170 when i gave birth. I am at 118 and when I turn I can see my an muscles but I still have fat covering then. I just started jogging. I can only do a mile at a time. 5.0 speed. And I do that 5-6 days a week. I do weighted crunches (30 lbs) and that thing where it lifts you in the air and you lift your legs up. I do 20 sets of both of those. My question is what other exercises should I do to reduce the fat on my stomach.
I don't know how go add pics to this from my phone so I'll add it to my profile

Replies

• JonnyQwest
    JonnyQwest Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce.....just tighten up the muscles and lose the weight you can....over time it should tighten up.
  • Dr__Girlfriend
    Dr__Girlfriend Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as spot reduction, unfortunately. To lose fat from your stomach you have to lose fat in general. IDK I don't work out my midsection a lot, other than in compound lifts because gaining muscle there makes me wider and I hate that.

If you want to lose fat, eat at a 10-20% deficit from your TDEE and be patient. Lift weights:) Look into "Strong Curves", it's a great starting point.

Like I said, there is no way to reduce fat from your stomach only by doing crunches - spot reduction is a myth.
  • tubbytubby87
    tubbytubby87 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    How do you tighten up? Just keep doing what I'm doing?
  • Dr__Girlfriend
    Options
    How do you tighten up? Just keep doing what I'm doing?

If you want to "tighten up" that means putting on muscle. To put on muscle, you can't be eating at a deficit, you would be "bulking" or eating a little above maintenance.
  • Dr__Girlfriend
    Options
    I think you need a crash course in nutrition, exercise, and how weight loss works. I think you need some direction.

Strong Curves has all of that as well as some great workout routines. I sound like I'm pushing it but I legitimately want you to get off on the right foot. It's oriented for women w/ women's goals in mind.. It's only $9.

http://www.amazon.com/Strong-Curves-Womans-Building-Better/dp/1936608642/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1402623312&sr=8-1&keywords=strong+curves
  • jehud
    jehud Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just read an article on this actually a few minutes ago.

http://www.t-nation.com/diet-fat-loss/how-to-burn-stubborn-body-fat