116 lbs last and feeling "blah" this week... Need help!

Options
I'm having one of those weeks where I feel so bad. My eating has been kinda bad (not disastrous but not super healthy either) and my workouts.. I feel like I am not evolving, just not pushing myself... I feel fat. Like I used to feel 116 pounds ago... When I look in the mirror I see the bad, not the good, I see the fat arms with loose skin, I see the stomach, I see the huge thighs... Ugh. What do you guys do when that happens? Right now I just feel like curling up in to a ball (or into a chair with peanut M&Ms...) and cry... (not going to do it, but still)

Replies

• Beewallows
    Beewallows Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel, I get the same way when I get closer to my goal weight. For the past few months, I've maintained, but every day I feel bigger and bigger. I think its more your mind getting used to your thinner self and still seeing flaws. I sometimes use the negative feelings as fuel to keep pushing myself harder to reach my ultimate goal.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    so your weight loss per week down. stay hydrated, and weight train. Im sure the loose skin is not as bad as you think.
  • chaseroks
    chaseroks Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I think it's going to happen, feeling how you used to. It's just today though! Tomorrow try to look in the mirror and tell yourself how well you've done. Don't tell yourself you have huge thighs, or stomach!
    You've done a great job, and you know you have and you also know you feel great. Try not to think about it any more tonight, and start new tomorrow. I know it's easier said than done, but you can do it!
  • wackicatt
    wackicatt Posts: 23
    Options
    You have accomplished so much ! I think it is ok to feel blah once in awhile. I know for myself it is often difficult to accomplish something & feel proud. You have come so far to go back now! You are an inspiration to so many of us! Take a bath, get a good nights sleep & tomorrow will be a better day! You got this!
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I get it - I really really do.

Take a break, eat at maintenance for a week or so. Go do something that you couldn't do 116lbs ago....for me, a really hard lifting session helps.

But its such a mental game isn't it. Some days I still feel like that same 286lb girl and I hate it, and it sucks. Just take a giant breath and keep going

:flowerforyou:
  • ParkerH47
    ParkerH47 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    success.jpg

Its okay to have ups and downs, it is bound to happen. It goes to show that no matter what we look like or how much we succeed, sometimes we are harder on ourselves than necessary.

Silly as it may sound, sometimes you need to take the time to look in the mirror and tell yourself, out loud, that you're beautiful and that you are proud of your success- even if you don't always believe it.

You have had major success!! Many of us are still hoping to lose what you have! When we are overweight - our future happiness gets so tied up in how we will look, but happiness isn't just about how we look - hence why skinny, hot ppl have bad days too. Try and find what truly makes you happy, and be nice to yourself along the way...

Good luck!
  • Bella_12356
    Options
    You are amazing! Remember that. Look at what you have achieved! Incredible. This feeling will pass, just hold onto that fact. And remember that giving isn't an option. Sometimes it feels like everything is slowing down and your not going anywhere, or going backwards. But you're not unless you let yourself. Skin is just skin, and with time it will improve. I promise. Don't focus on what you see as imperfections. Focus on all you have achieved and think about how much you have changed your life for the absolute better.
  • MadTownD
    MadTownD Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I curl up in a chair with a bag of M&M's and cry. And, the next day, I start again... just doing my thing. :smile:
  • yesterdayusaid2morrow
    Options
    1) You are amazing, seriously, shero status
    2) You are so not alone in feeling like this occasionally.
    3) Methinks you deserve some type of pampering or exciting new adventure...mani pedi? New outfit? Hike a new trail?

Hope you feel better soon!
  • celinetmika
    celinetmika Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, thank you, thank you, so much, for the kind words and the support, you guys made me cry. It feels so good to know that I am not alone, that others know what it feels like. It is hard for me to talk about it in my "real" life... Everybody is telling me that I have done great etc, which is super nice, but I don't want to bore them or bother them with these feelings.
    I think I will go do something I couldn't do 186 lbs ago...not sure what though... ;-)

Thank you, thank you so much again, know that each one of you that answered tonight did a good deed. <3