burger king job. help with activity level

Options
hi, i dont know if this is in the right spot but im curious. i work at burger king 5 nights a week for 5-6 hours each day. im the solo worker who makes all the food and cleans for the whole night(no im not exaggerating) and though my day till i work i sit and play games mostly. should i consider myself more sedentary or light active? please help cause im not sure which to do XDthanks!

Replies

• tazbear1989
    tazbear1989 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I also have a physical job and was told to consider sedentary and do that for a couple of weeks to see where you are with the scale.
  • Scrapyardwolf
    Options
    I also have a physical job and was told to consider sedentary and do that for a couple of weeks to see where you are with the scale.
    with that then should i say count working as say walking for the time? or something along the lines to count it into calories?
  • nlbez
    nlbez Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I work in a bakery. I do 10 hrs a day walking backwards and forwards,lifting trays and cleaning. I set myself at sedentary and then the days i work i add 2 hrs of slow walking 2.0 pace. Its worked ok for me so far. X
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    If you're in a job where you're on your feet all day then you'd be at least moderately active. If the job involves a lot of lifting and carrying then that's going to be an even higher activity factor.

Thing is, it's impossible to know your activity factor exactly... just make a reasonable estimate, then log your food and leave it for a couple of weeks, and you can adjust the calorie number based on results. If you're hungry all the time then add 100-200 cals and see if that fixes it, if you're not losing then subtract 200 cals and try again.