Nothing Fits!!

Options
I've been putting on fat like crazy, and as a result less and less of my clothes fit me. Even my "fat" clothes don't even fit anymore. I can't put on my jeans, and even if I do manage to, it won't zip up. At the same time, I don't want to go out and buy bigger size clothing.

I've just been binging, and binging. Eating junk, and high caloric carbs. Excessive weight gain also stressed me out which triggered another binge episode. I feel so out of control sometimes.

How do I throw out old habits and kick my butt into gear?

STATS:
5'7 1/2, 242 LBS (maybe more).

Replies

• hellosay
    hellosay Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I would suggest taking a picture of you or asking a loved one to take a picture of you from unflattering angles.
    Trust me, once you see the fat dangling around you, you would be motivated like crazy.
    I just had that moment when I saw my vacation pictures. I was like, "Holy hell, I AM FAT!"

Also, stop hiding behind reasons as to why you are not working out. I always said I am fat now because I had a baby. That was three years back by the way. Recently I met a friend who just gave birth. And she called me fat!

I joined the gym next day. :laugh:

Now I love going to the gym a lot. Well, I have paid for it, so might as well enjoy it, right?

So, go to the gym today and enroll for classes, you will eventually find what you like.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Where are the high calorie foods coming from? Can you get them out of the house?

Could you be pregnant?
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Read this to get you started: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

If you're prone to bingeing don't cut your calories too low, as hunger may trigger binges. Aim to lose around 1 lb per week. Ensure you get adequate protein and fat intake for satiety.

Exercise for fitness, find something you enjoy and will stick to. Include some form of strength training in your regime to preserve muscle while you lose weight.
  • NahrasWay
    NahrasWay Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    You just have to do it. There is no secret. You either don't want to buy bigger clothes and you get your butt in gear and do what you have to or you go get your shopping on. You need to figure out the reasons that will push you to do healthier things, no one can do that for you.

Definitely read the sexypants guide it's helpful!
  • louisianagirl1612
    louisianagirl1612 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    These are my personal helpful things that keep me motivated and on track:
    1. I cleaned out my house of trigger foods, and replaced them with better lower calorie alternatives.
    2. I don't deprive myself of foods that I love, I just make sure that it fits within my calorie goal and plan accordingly.
    3. I track the calories BEFORE I eat it!!
    4. I don't do 'cheat days'. It either fits in my calorie goals or it doesn't. That is all. No excuses.
    5. I go to the gym to exercise EVERY DAY, that way I don't do what I used to do and take rest days that turn into rest months. The only day I don't go is when I work a double shift at work (12 hour shift).
    6. When I go the the gym I work hard! I am talking about sweating like a pregnant nun at confession!
    7. I take a 'selfie' every week to track my progress. (Only I see these, but that is just fine)
    8. I looked up pictures on google of women who have my body type who are physically fit, and use their picture as a - "that is how I am going to look soon" - motivational goal.
    9. I surrounded myself with people who have similar goals.
    10. I don't make excuses, I tell myself that I am responsible for what I eat and the way I look.
  • UnicornRides
    Options
    Here is how I do my diets..

Smoothies. Raw fruit (frozen or not) smoothies with unsweetened almond milk. No protein powder (usually too much protein to burn off.) Get in the habit of making those because they're good "pick me ups" for when you're craving.

Pick a grocery store. Learn it well. Preferably one that has an organic section and is better with their fruits and veggies. Grab healthy foods that are on sale.

I learned to kick sugar cravings by having a bit of honey with things and trying to eat sweet fruits (I adore blueberries and strawberries so those are my go to for sweets lately.)

I also wrote down a list (wasn't all that great, lol) of foods I like AND are healthy. I wrote down a list of healthy foods I haven't tried yet. Then set out to tackle them. Wrote down a list of foods I never liked but haven't tried in a while. Used to hate celery and black olives but now I adore them.

I try and cook more and then pack lunches, snacks, and dinners. That way, when I want something to eat, I can easily reach for something that is already made but is healthy. The thing about being lazy is ready made food is awesome.. but also fattening. That's why you should make it yourself.

Admit-ably, I like some microwave dinners.. those under 300 calories. Especially if I'm in a hurry. Smart Ones are my top choice because they are more filling- to me.

First couple of weeks is all about stomach shrinking.. ugh.

Go hardcore: take nutrition classes at a college. Well worth it because you learn SO MUCH. I think that has helped me get through my thyroid problem and has settled a lot of my monthly's problems.

I have cheat days. I have oops days. I try and go to the gym on those days. I also try to avoid the gym because I am usually more hungry like woah after and I tend to eat back calories.. I notice I don't lose as much weight doing that, lol.

If you do choose to go to the gym, focus on muscle. Muscle helps aid calories being burned. Up your protein and carbs just a bit to match energy needs.

I could go on and on but it's really all about self control and feeling comfortable. Also knowing when a danger (say you're passing by a McDonald's) is coming up and being prepared for it.