Favorite Protein Bars?

Options
2»

Replies

• abcreed
    abcreed Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm also on the Quest bandwagon :)

They are what I consider low-cal (esp compared to other brands), especially for the protein (20-21g per bar)

For those of you who routinely buy them and/or like them but hate to spend the money (they are definitely on the expensive side) -- if you have a GNC near you, they are good to put the bars on sale Buy 3 get One and about 2 weeks ago they had the whole boxes B3G1 on GNC's website :)
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Quest bars, but I wouldn't eat them if I didn't have a microwave. I heat them up for 15-20 seconds to greatly improve the texture. I can't stomach them right out of the package, but they're great all warm and gooey. My favorites are Double Chocolate Chunk, Chocolate Brownie, Cookies and Cream, Apple Pie, and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough.

If you're looking for quality, Quest is where it's at. If you can't heat it up, there are plenty of "protein bars" that taste better, but they're filled with unnecessary sugars and not nearly as much protein as you might think.

Yeah, Quest bars are pretty expensive. I get mine at a local nutrition store (far far away from any GNC - can't stand that place) where they let you make your own box of 12, choosing your own flavors, plus 1 more bar for the cost of one box, about $26. That's $2 a bar, which is as cheap as I've seen them. Our GNC charges $2.99 each for them. Ridiculous.
  • Fig_1946
    Fig_1946 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I like Lara Bars.
  • MallieRose91
    MallieRose91 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Quest bars are my favorite!!! Love the flavors and from what I can see, it is one of the healthiest protein bars out there. www.questproteinbars.com to look at the flavors and read more about them. You can also chat them and say you heard you can get two free bars to sample and they will send you two bars of your choice for free! :)

Hey, thanks for the tip! I'm having my two samples sent right now!

No problem to the both of you! :)
    I also want to thank you for this tip! I am also having some samples sent. That was very quick and simple!
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Quest Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough yum!
  • goldmay
    goldmay Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Cookies and cream or cookie dough quest bars!

These flavors! I also like vanilla almond crunch and cinnamon roll, but not as much.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Quest bars are the only ones my body can tolerate.....
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    I am probably the only one who thinks all Quest Bars are gross. Never had one I liked, but like someone else suggested maybe I should heat one up for it to be good. Who knows.

Anyway I love the Think Thin bars. The brownie crunch is my fave and has 22 g of protein!
  • hannhr
    hannhr Posts: 22
    Options
    ThinkThin high protein bars
    Oatmega Bars (hard to find, though)
    NuGo
  • writergeek313
    writergeek313 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I really like Power Crunch bars. The wafer cookie ones are a great light breakfast before I work out, and the crisp ones are a good snack (170 calories and 14g of protein, and they actually taste pretty good). I recently discovered their Choklat bars. They come in milk and dark chocolate and are sort of like Krackle bars, except the crispy bits in them are protein. Half a bar is only 100 calories and satisfies my sweet tooth with a little bit of protein.

I like Quest bars, but I only buy them when I can get a good deal. I signed up for a free rewards program at the Vitamin Shoppe and got a 20% coupon in the mail, so it's time to go stock up!
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Met-Rx Protein Plus Creamy Cookie Crisp are by far my favorite. Those things are awesome. They are like a big chocolate dipped oreo bar that just so happens to have 30g protein.
  • jimmycole14
    Options
    Oh Yeah Bar Almond Fudge Brownie
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    I'm partial to the Premier Protein bars. 30 g protein for 290 calories.
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I'm partial to the Premier Protein bars. 30 g protein for 290 calories.

A bargain too. I get them at BJ's for less than $1 a bar.

I love their chocolate-peanut butter.
  • aprilricks86
    aprilricks86 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I like quest too, but they are so expensive!! My husband and I sometimes go for pure protein, which is sold at kroger-affiliated stores, (I like chewy chocolate chip, s'mores and the greek yogurt coated ones personally) or this brand that is I guess kroger's generic organic brand--simple truth. They have a really yummy peanut butter one.

Other than that, I would suggest making your own! typically combining oats or oat flour, some kind of liquid, a sweetener and protein powder will yield a good result. I like no-bake bars best--protein powder, oat flour, chocolate / some other kind of baking chips, almond milk and sometimes PB2. . . smash it all together in a pan, refrigerate and cut or roll into balls. I usually just make it up as I go and add the recipe to MFP for nutritional content info.
  • amberflo143
    amberflo143 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I am a Quest Bar fan too. The best is Cashew Coconut
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    1. Quest (favorite)
    2. Oh Yea! Victory bars (sold at GNC)
    3. Well it's not a bar, but, the MHP Protein Pudding I enjoy a lot too
  • SydKaty
    SydKaty Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Quest bars are my favorite!!! Love the flavors and from what I can see, it is one of the healthiest protein bars out there. www.questproteinbars.com to look at the flavors and read more about them. You can also chat them and say you heard you can get two free bars to sample and they will send you two bars of your choice for free! :)

Hey, thanks for the tip! I'm having my two samples sent right now!

Thank you for sharing! I just requested two flavors I wasn't sure I'd like!