Lean Muscle Mass is hard to achieve!!!

Options
I don't want to get bulky but I do want to add muscle, I don't want to gain fat I want to lost it - I have a pretty clean diet, I exercise at least 3 times a week, often 5 times a week following a very well designed program and in during the football season add 2 cardio sessions through training and game time but still I struggle to get the look I am aiming for!

My protein content is always higher than fats and carbs, I do restrict my carbs to the right types and not too much of them and I have increased my veg content...I even take supplements such as Lean Degree, PhD Diet Way and Cod Liver Oil but I seem to get no closer - I am so frustrated!?!

Anyone else feel the same???

Replies

• UseKnowledge
    Options
    I know how you feel.

I'm trying to go for this (Far from it though).

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9q5w5JoJ31rt7dfjo1_400.jpg
  • Evan808
    Evan808 Posts: 12
    Options
    Do you know your macros? It would help a lot if you do to achieve your goals
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    dont worry, you wont accidently get 'bulky'!!

you cant really gain muscle and lose fat at the same time, you either recomp or do a series of bulks and cuts. are you eating at a deficit or surplus at the moment?
  • steve0820
    steve0820 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you want a body recomp. It's possible to gain muscle on a deficit, but will be painstakingly slow and to a certain point. Bulking is the easiest way.

Is your routine progressive based?
    How much cardio are you doing?
    To build muscle, you also needs your carbs and not just protein!! Don't have your carbs too low. Especially if you're doing tons of cardio and training for football.

Not much info to go on, so i'm not sure if you were asking a question, or just venting.