Eating late but within your macros?

Options
NS81
NS81 Posts: 192 Member
If I'm on a 1240 calorie intake - does time of day matter so much, or just staying within my macros? Sometimes the day gets away from me, and I find myself eating dinner at 9pm - I've always heard the you should cut yourself off earlier in the night etc, so I've been trying to do so, but sometimes that leaves me too low on my intake.

I know I could probably google, or ask a doctor, or search previous forum topics - (for those of you who like to point that out :wink: )

I very much appreciate those of you that offer advice - Thanks so much! :smile:

Replies

• martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Stay within your macros / calories....

Timing isn't even an issue.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Meal timing is irrelevant.
  • rejectuf
    rejectuf Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Nope, eat whenever.
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    ^^ What they said!
  • NS81
    Options
    Thank you!!!
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Yep, what they said.

However, are you very short or extremely inactive/sedentary? If not, are you eating back your exercise calories? If not, you're not eating enough.
  • NS81
    Options
    Yep, what they said.

However, are you very short or extremely inactive/sedentary? If not, are you eating back your exercise calories? If not, you're not eating enough.

I'm 5'2" and work at a desk allllll day longggg... I'm active after work, but mostly walking (with children) and I've been doing strength training - weekends we're super active, and often hike many miles... I feel that MFP over estimates calories burned, so I haven't been entering all exercise. On very active days, I eat back about half of the calories I burn (as they are according to MFP)