filling yet low calorie?

Options
Hi everyone!
I was wondering if anyone knew of a low calorie meal or food that will really fill you up? Right now the only food that fills me up is oatmeal and I'm starting to get board of eating oatmeal everyday:laugh:
THANKS! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    Fruits and veggies
  • missbirrell
    missbirrell Posts: 133
    Options
    Lean protein - thin cuts of ham, lean, plain chicken, low fat cheeses
    Small portions of nuts
    Drink more water to keep you full.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Eggs- Make an omelette with 2 eggs plus 3 whites
    Or anything else lean with protein. Edamame is pretty filling to me. Chicken. Fish. Canned tuna. Cottage cheese, if you do ok with lactose.
    Vegetable soup, or any vegetables or any non-cream soup
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Protein, fat, and fiber are all filling.

When I eat low fat protein (a can of tuna, grilled chicken breast) by itself.....it's not filling to me. Other people do find this filling.

Just fiber is not filling to me either (fruits, veggies, whole grains). I do a combination of things instead.....for example oatmeal made with milk (protein) and add a sprinkle of walnuts (fat) lasts a long time.

Perhaps grilled chicken with a big serving of broccoli will be filling for you. But, you may need to experiment a little.

Since oatmeal keeps you full, look for whole grain pasta, or fiber enriched tortillas....something along those lines. Then add some protein.
  • WrkinProg55
    WrkinProg55 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Wow awesome advise! I am kinda the same JUST protein alone makes me feel really weak. Thanks!
  • WrkinProg55
    Options
    Mmmm cottage cheese! putting it on my list!
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Many fruits and vegetables.

But seafood! Seriously. Try eating two cans of Tuna fish, straight out the bowl, and tell me if you can make it through. Same with one of my favorite foods, shrimp. Seafood is a wonder.
  • fit_rox
    fit_rox Posts: 83
    Options
    Sweet potatoes.
    Homemade unwiches: Cheese, Deli meat, mustard or hummus, tomatoes, cucumbers wrapped up in lettuce.
    SOUP!: Current favorite is black bean (I really like the Trader Joe's boxed version)
  • WrkinProg55
    Options
    love sea food!
  • liveandlove788
    Options
    Try mixing things in with your oatmeal if you don't already like a little peanut butter, half a banana or another fruit....maybe honey, or even a few chocolate chips if you've been good lately. Adding variations might help keep it from being boring.

I've found that popcorn or kettle corn always fills me up, and so do grapes. Grapes are awesome and low cal and help me when I want something cold or sweet. Tuna is another thing that fills me up. I'll mix it with a little miracle whip and make a sand which.