Calorie Ticker

Options
Do yall try to HIT your recommended caloric intake every day or are you okay with it being under? I see that I have like 300-something calories left & I am like "Ohhhh lemme go see what I can go eat for 300-something calories".

Is that bad? What do I do if it is? Psychological problem, I guess :/

Replies

• notsosimplyabby
    notsosimplyabby Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    You don't HAVE to hit your calories goal but do try to be within 200-300 of it because your body NEEDS the food in it in order to keep your metabolism running high! Remember: eat often but don't over eat when you eat. Doctor's recommend that you eat 4 light meals a day! <3
  • mama2lmcjd
    mama2lmcjd Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm torn. I try to hit close -- within 100-200 cals or so -- but If I don't get all the way there, so be it. I got into trouble by eating when i really wasn't hungry to start with, so I don't want to get in the habit of stuffing myself just because a phone app says I should be, kwim? If I have a lot of leftover calories, I'll have something to splurge and use up some of them, vs. trying to stretch them by eating fruit/veg.
  • mandijo
    mandijo Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I agree. TRY to get as close as you can, but your body isn't going to automatically go into starvation mode. I always look at my calories a week at a time as well. Sometimes it's nice to bank up some extra calories so if I go over on the weekends, I have a bit of a safety net. Try to make your calories hit at least 1200 net. That's a goal to shoot for.
  • jrhodges20
    jrhodges20 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I don't try to reach the goal. I am conscious of what I eat, and eat my meals throughout the day. If at the end of the day I feel at all hungry I will try to eat something else, however I generally don't try to meet them. As long as I feel satisfied hunger wise I am not too worried, mostly because i burn a lot off
  • SteFuhKnee150
    Options
    SUCH a good idea mandijo !!!! :) My bff says that "ya gotta treat yourself". so by banking leftover calories from the week, i can "treat myself" & not feel guilty about it.
  • TheLastKeeper
    TheLastKeeper Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    As long as I am exercising enough to keep my metabolism going, then I don't worry about getting so close to my daily mark. I consistantly try to keep below it, looking at the mark as my absolutely top limit.

If you're consistantly finding you are 200-300 shy of your daily goal, consider lowering you goal to that mark to hasten your weight loss - as long as your family doctor agrees with it.

Have a blessed day.
  • bowserette
    bowserette Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I think it really depends on what your net calorie goal is. Mine is 1200, which is the lowest recommended for anyone, so I try to get as close as possible. Your calorie goal is based on your activity level and the amount of weight you want to lose per week. Losing more than 2 pounds a week is considered unhealthy, so it's best to stick as close to the goal as possible. As long as you're hitting at least 1200 net calories a day, though, it shouldn't be too much of an issue.