Advocare 24 Day Challenge

Options
Hello All!

I just started the Advocare 24 day challenge and I'm on day two of the cleanse phase. I haven't experienced anything that would constitute as cleansing happening . I was just wondering if this normal ? Does this mean it's not working? I realize it's too soon to really tell. I need something to jump start my healthy ways.

Any feedback is welcomed.

Thank you

Replies

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Creating a calorie deficit and exercising does exactly what the 24 day challenge does...for free.
    Also, your kidneys and liver exist for the purpose of cleansing.

Advocare, as you will find on this site, is generally not recommended or encouraged. It's an overpriced weight loss gimmick. Some people have results on it, but for the most part, you can get the same results for free just by using MFP and learning sustainable habits from day one.
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    cleanses the wallet! these topics bring the lulz
  • linztx
    linztx Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hello All!

I just started the Advocare 24 day challenge and I'm on day two of the cleanse phase. I haven't experienced anything that would constitute as cleansing happening . I was just wondering if this normal ? Does this mean it's not working? I realize it's too soon to really tell. I need something to jump start my healthy ways.

Thank you

Hello! As you can see, many are against the Advocare, but I am on day 12 of the Advocare Challenge, and it has jump started me to follow a plan - it has guided me, and gave me the boost. I didn't feel my body, cleansing, however, it is serving its purpose. After the 10 day cleanse, I am down 7 pounds, so it has done good for myself. Good Luck! Feel free to add or message if you have any ques tions.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Cheaper cleanse:
    Coffee + a run right afterwards.

You're welcome.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,555 Member
    Options
    Hello All!

Thank you

Hello! As you can see, many are against the Advocare, but I am on day 12 of the Advocare Challenge, and it has jump started me to follow a plan - it has guided me, and gave me the boost. I didn't feel my body, cleansing, however, it is serving its purpose. After the 10 day cleanse, I am down 7 pounds, so it has done good for myself. Good Luck! Feel free to add or message if you have any ques tions.
    But 7lbs of what? Water weight isn't "true" weight since it fluctuates daily in the body. If it was fat weight, then the calculated calorie burn would have been 24,500 calories. That's an average of 2450 calories a day deficit ABOVE your projected deficit. And I'm betting you didn't burn an extra 2450 calorie a day.
    Just eating better will drop water and one doesn't need to pay an extra cost to achieve that.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • DarkAngel272
    Options
    Yes, the Advocare is essencially eating at a deficit and buying vitamins and fiber. Yes, it is expensive. What I don't understand is why people are so rude about it? I mean, OP is asking about people who are Advocare users and all she is getting is people who don't agree with the method. There are some people who are genuinely providing helpful comments, which is great. I don't know, I guess that's my tangent for wondering why people care what others are doing so much....

Anyways....OP, I am on day 5 of the challenge and I haven't had any crazy cleanse. I do't think it's meant to be something drastic and radical. I personally had lost a little focus and used this as a means to re-focus and got it at a discount through a work contest. Also, I have had normal bathroom habits if that's what you're specifically asking, and nothing excessive or irregular.
  • Mrsaldag
    Mrsaldag Posts: 1
    Options
    I am on day 17 of the challenge. I have been amazed at the increase in my energy level more than anything. I have also lost 4 lbs and 10 inches overall. I do know a few people that have lost many lbs but the thing they will talk about the most is the fact that you feel better. I was drinking coffee all day just to get through my hectic schedule. Now I just drink Spark and maybe a Slam a day. I had no withdrawal headaches. I did not get into this as a business, but I would recommend it to anyone looking for a more energized way of life.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    Cheaper cleanse:
    Coffee + a run right afterwards.

You're welcome.

Yeah but if you don't time your access to the potty right, it could spell disaster!
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    24 days seems like such an arbitrary number. It's not a multiple of seven and it's not a full month. I wonder why the marketing guys decided on 24?
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Hello All!

I just started the Advocare 24 day challenge and I'm on day two of the cleanse phase. I haven't experienced anything that would constitute as cleansing happening . I was just wondering if this normal ?

It takes them about a month to start cleansing your wallet. Hang in there.
  • hkied
    hkied Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am on day 15, and this is the only thing that has worked for me! I have lost 8lbs and feel great! I have also stopped drinking Coffee and soda with not even a 2nd thought. plus I use to drink every night and havent had a drink either!!!!! so In my opionion it was money well spent!
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Is it just me or are plans that have the word "challenge" in them all horrible for you?
  • Aaron_K123
    Options
    24 days seems like such an arbitrary number. It's not a multiple of seven and it's not a full month. I wonder why the marketing guys decided on 24?

Because it doesn't work if you only do it for 23 days and the results are far to extreme if you do it for 25 days, duh.
  • Aaron_K123
    Options
    Yes, the Advocare is essencially eating at a deficit and buying vitamins and fiber. Yes, it is expensive. What I don't understand is why people are so rude about it? I mean, OP is asking about people who are Advocare users and all she is getting is people who don't agree with the method. There are some people who are genuinely providing helpful comments, which is great. I don't know, I guess that's my tangent for wondering why people care what others are doing so much....

Anyways....OP, I am on day 5 of the challenge and I haven't had any crazy cleanse. I do't think it's meant to be something drastic and radical. I personally had lost a little focus and used this as a means to re-focus and got it at a discount through a work contest. Also, I have had normal bathroom habits if that's what you're specifically asking, and nothing excessive or irregular.

To answer your question I think the community doesn't like to see people waste their money and approach weight loss as a "challenge" that you complete in a short period of time rather than a lifestyle change. Probably because the community likes it when people succeed and don't like it when people cause themselves harm, burn out or are disappointing when what they were promised by marketing doesn't come to fruition.
  • Mysweets86
    Mysweets86 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting challenge. I am on day 2. Yesterday was not too bad. No bathroom rushes. The 10 day cleanse I have heard that it is "gentle and uneventful" but everyone is different. Boyfriend & I are doing this challenge together as a jumpstart. We did not want to just start working out for a reason like having a beach body and then quit. We needed a jump start to a more healthy living. We didn't eat horrible before but felt it was time to do better. I'm excited for when I start feeling better, less sleepy and more energized. I would like to know if anyone has some really good meal ideas.:smile: