Slow Cooker Korean Beef tacos

Options
Mygsds
Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
Absolutely wonderful. Tried this last night and husband wanted for breakfast.....www.slenderkitchen.com

Slow Cooker Korean Beef Tacos
Servings: 10
Serving Size: 1/2 cup beef or 2 tacos with slaw
Nutritional Information: 207.9 calories, 6.5 g of fat, 2.7 g of carbohydrates, 3.1 g of fiber, 17.4 g of protein
Weight Watchers® PointsPlus®: 5 *

Ingredients
2 pounds beef roast, trimmed of fat
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup soy sauce
10 cloves of intact garlic
1/2 red onion, diced
2 jalapenos, diced
1 inch fresh ginger root, peeled and grated
2 tablespoons seasoned rice wine vinegar
2 tbsp sesame seeds

Instructions
1. Combine the sugar, soy sauce, red onion, jalapenos, ginger, rice vinegar, sesame seeds in a small bowl.

2. Add the beef and garlic to the crock pot and cover with the sauce.

3. Cook for 8-10 hours on low. When it has 30 minutes left to cook and the beef can be easily shredded with a fork, break it into larger pieces. Continue cooking without the lid on so the sauce thickens up.

4. Finish shredded the beef and serve over warm corn tortillas with jicama slaw.

To make the slaw
1. Combine half a bag cole slaw mix, 1/4 chopped cilantro, 1/4 cup diced red onion, 2 tbsp peanut dressing, 1 tsp Asian hot sauce, and the juice of two limes. Mix together and serve on the side or on top of the taco itself.

* PointsPlus® calculated by Slender Kitchen; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.

Replies

• labrennan
    labrennan Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Have made this several times...very very good! The only thing I am confused is the serving size. For the nutrition info posted..i'm assuming you have to add on additional calories if your using the tortillas and the slaw. Anyone know?
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Have made this several times...very very good! The only thing I am confused is the serving size. For the nutrition info posted..i'm assuming you have to add on additional calories if your using the tortillas and the slaw. Anyone know?
    I think it's right by looking up the serving size.. 2 taco shells meat and slaw..

Confusing but this came from allrecipes for 2 tacos for a serving size ... Hope this helps
    Amount per serving
    Calories: 270
    Fat: 6.3g
    Saturated fat: 1.6g
    Monounsaturated fat: 2g
    Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
    Protein: 18.1g
    Carbohydrate: 37.1g
    Fiber: 3g
    Cholesterol: 21mg
    Iron: 1.3mg
    Sodium: 568mg