Best microwave dinner

Options
Please don't crucify me for asking. I know microwave meals are heavily processed. I know microwave meals are loaded with sodium. I know microwave meals are not an ideal healthy choice, but sometimes you're in a pinch. In that case, what is the best choice of microwave meals?

Replies

• fit_rox
    fit_rox Posts: 83
    Options
    Amys Kitchen or Kashi frozen meals are probably your best bet. Either that or do a microwaveable soup like Trader Joe's Turkey Chili!
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Saffron Road makes beautiful meals. I like the lamb vindaloo.
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I second the vote for Amy's Kitchen, I absolutely love their rice mac & cheese, delicious. About 400 calories and surprisingly filling for a small portion.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I liked the Healthy Choice Cafe Steamers when I was eating microwave meals.
  • Zombielicious
    Zombielicious Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Kashi for the win! I love their Mayan Harvest Bake. Amy's Kitchen makes pretty good meals as well.
  • tycho_mx
    tycho_mx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    My supermarket has a nice variety of asian and ethnic foods.

Sanuki Frozen Seafood Udon; 260 cal, 1 g fat, 55 g carb, 7 g protein.

I supplemented half a can of tuna on it, still under 350 cal. Very tasty with some hot sauce.
  • pensierobello
    pensierobello Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I'm from the UK, and these are not light, but they're delicious: Sainsbury's fish pie is yummy and super-filling, their beef hotpot is gorgeous, and their Taste The Difference bolognese is also really good. Not light though, but worth it to fill you up and if you're in need of ease.
  • MissBabyJane
    MissBabyJane Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I use microwave Cup Soups. It helps when you're hungry and you don't have a time and at least the demages won't be so big with one soup...
  • tom_12345
    tom_12345 Posts: 4
    Options
    If it isn't a regular occurrence, when you cook food next, why not just double up and then freeze the leftover instead of buying a processed microwave meal :)
  • nancy10272004
    nancy10272004 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I agree with Amy's. I had an Amy's Cheese Enchilada with corn and black beans for dinner last night.
  • LaurenBrooke1843
    LaurenBrooke1843 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Healthy choice lasagna is 270 calories and insanely filling, I can't even eat the whole thing in one dinner! :) I love it!!
  • sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I liked the Healthy Choice Cafe Steamers when I was eating microwave meals.

Me too. The red pepper Alfredo is really good. I eat them when the rest of the family is having a junk food night like nuggets and fries since that doesn't really appeal to me. I usually make a salad with a frozen meal because I don't find them that filling on their own.
  • esaucier17
    esaucier17 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I actually like a lot of the Lean Cuisine's....some Healthy Choice too.