Attention College Students!

Options
Naomi91
Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
I am in need of more student friends! Hard enough to get through the semester with out throwing my books out the window let alone eat healthy every second :D here for support and tips!

Could definately use a few too haha

Replies

• Lifedreamer
    Options
    Here's a tip that helps me stay active and mix in study. The college I'm in offers an open gym class for credit. I check into the gym, do my stretches and hop on the bicycle for an hour. They have stands for your books on them so I prop up whatever chapter i need to read and set my timer. Exercise+Study and if you log in enough hours during the quarter and easy A+ to pad your GPA. Love it!
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,281 Member
    Options
    I am an older student getting some skill upgrades due to unemployment. What I find the hardest is adjusting to a new schedule every 3-4 months. What I like is being able to step up the exercise between quarters. With finals/final projects and the holidays I was just staying at about the same weight for more than a month. I have really been working hard in the last 2 weeks and am only now seeing some progress again. I am determined I will keep it going until the last weeks and use what I learned last month about not gaining during those busy last weeks.
  • YeaILift
    YeaILift Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Just bought a slow cooker. Plan on cooking a couple pounds of chicken while I'm in class. Yum.
  • SteFuhKnee150
    Options
    I'm a nursing student! (plus a single mom of a 1 yr old...lol) I got your back!! We can...& WILL do this :)
  • kayladainford
    Options
    My college has an online site where you can select what foods you want to eat and how much and it calculates the total amount of calories, carbs, ect. for what you select. I do this before I go to the dinning center so then I know I won't over eat.

I also only keep "healtheir" snacks in my dorm room so I don't have easy access to unhealthy snacks.

This semester I signed up for two fitness courses and will get a credit for each class. Why not get credit for working out? I also struggle with motivation to work out because I'm so tired and swamped with homework, so having a fitness class that is graded and can effect my GPA, makes me have to work out at least the four days of the week I have a fitness class.

I just recently bought multi vitamins (the gummi kind). I don't know too much about the benefits of vitamins but I know it won't hurt to take the recommended two a day in order to keep my body nutritious. :)

I keep work out DVD's in my dorm rooom and an work out ball but that only lasted a few weeks. It's nice to have in your room for days you don't feel like going all the way to the wellness center. I do the biggest loser cardio one's :)

If you have any tips for me PLEASE message me!! Thanks :)

Best of luck!
    -Kayla (Sophmore at the University of North Dakota)
  • notsosimplyabby
    notsosimplyabby Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Same here, college is tough, money is tight and eating healthy doesnt make anything easier! ADD ME!
  • yogalotusadg
    Options
    ahh i know exactly what you mean & being a vegiterian doesnt help either haha i get the "way to make it complicated" all the time haa
  • aschroyer
    Options
    Same here! I am a full time student and I have 2 daughters under 3! Talk about trying to find time to exercise and follow a healthy diet! Usually Im running around so much that I dont get to eat as much as I should or when I get to it, its cold! When I do have free time, I dont want to exercise, I have to do my homework, and when Im done with that, Im so burned out I just want to go to bed to wake up super early to start the day over again!

I really look forward to getting on track!