Snack Ideas

Options
I am just getting started and want to stay ahead of the game and be prepared. What are some snack options that have been helpful to you on your journey? Things that are fast and convenient in a pinch and things that will fix your sweet tooth when you really need it without getting you off track? Thanks.

Replies

• elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I typically snack on fruits that are easy to grab and go - apples and bananas are usually my go-to. Adding a tbs of nut butter can help with sweet tooth - I love almond, chocolate hazelnut or cashew butter the most. Oh my God.

Lots of veggies - sliced whole bell peppers (take less than a minute to slice up and throw in a container), carrots (usually buy little baggies of them pre-portioned), sugar snap peas, with hummus.

Hard boiled eggs. I boil a batch every week and eat two every day, just take a minute to peel and stick in a container before heading out.

Larabars are awesome snack bars and come in all kinds of flavors/varieties, easy for on the go.

Homemade granola.

I have a recipe for no-bake chocolate oatmeal bars that are TO DIE for, let me know if you want that recipe. Those are great for sweet tooth.
  • booboo68
    booboo68 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Almonds in various flavors
    Quest Bars (a few seconds in the microwave and they're great)
    Boiled eggs
    Carrots
    Red peppers (nice and sweet)
    Apples
    Berries
    Greek Yogurt
    Sugar Free Jello cups
    Mini Bel Cheeses 50 cal each
    Fresh broccoli and cauliflower
    Cherry Tomatoes
    Celery dipped in Laughing Cow cheese (35 cal for the cheese)
    Soy nuts come in various flavors and are packed with protein
  • LucyBzz
    LucyBzz Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have recently found the most delicious airpopped popcorn which is fabulous for snacking on!
  • IGbnat24
    IGbnat24 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Lunch meat wrapped around a cheese stick
    Peanut butter with carrot and celery sticks
    Air popped popcorn
    Cookies made with PB2
    Sugar free hot chocolate
    Protein milkshakes
    Nuts in you can eat them by the serving and not the jar :)
    Greek yogurt with frozen berries and a little maple syrup is froyo-ish
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Baby carrots (I buy a big bag and portion them into smaller bags to grab on the go)
    Low Fat Wheat Thins (I portion the entire box into baggies)
    Low fat string cheese (50 cals)
    Light Yogurt
    Popcorn (light versions with low amounts of salt & butter)
    Apples(and if I'm extra hungry 2 tablespoons of peanut butter)
  • kansas_km
    kansas_km Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I make my own popcorn in a brown paper bag in microwave so I can put what I want on it. I also have a great recipe for the roasted sugar almonds you can buy at the mall but I use truvia for sweetener. Tastes just like them! Also, mozzarella string cheese, little cutie oranges, homemade breakfast cookies.