Want my old self back

Options
I am 40 pounds overweight, and I want my old self back, but love food, junk and have no will power...Hope I can stay on track.

Replies

• daniellerprescott
    Options
    I am 40 pounds overweight, and I want my old self back, but love food, junk and have no will power...Hope I can stay on track.
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I have about the same amount to lose now and the key is seriously keeping your motivation!!! Good luck and let us know if you need anything!! :bigsmile:

*Kistinbee*
  • JoyceDoerr
    Options
    Hello! :smile:

I think that is something that a lot of us struggle with (wanting our old self back)

I now try to think of it as I want a new me instead of my old self. It was something about my "old self" that got me into this mess to begin with...LOL

You have taken the first step, so try not to get discouraged! We are all here for support and inspriration!
  • daniellerprescott
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Thank you so much, 40 seems like so much and so far away, but I have always been active and will continue to go to the gym and try to eat right. The food log really helps me to see where I am at and since I am in front of the computer all day sitting on my butt-It is one good thing!
    Thanks again
  • rem1979
    rem1979 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Just doing it is key. I HATE going to the gym but once I get myself there, I am good. Don't keep junk food around so you have no tempations. My husband gets upset because I don't want cookies and snacks in the house but it's for our own good. He is at his ideal weight so he doesn't have the issues. I also sit and work for most the day but I get up and walk around or do squats at my desk. It helps that I am alone for the most part but doing something is better than doing nothing.

I have about 60 to go so it could be worse!
  • pattys624
    Options
    I hear ya! I'm such a sweet-aholic. But losing the 4 lbs I've lost already has kept me off the chocolate for now... :laugh:

Good luck!
  • tinathinplease
    Options
    I just wanted to share that I've been doing this for about 3 days now and I'm finding the accountability enough for me. I record everything I'm eating and looking up the caloric content and recording my exercise has really helped me become aware of things.
    I know you can do it.
    I'm always about 40-50 pounds over myself and it's so frustrating.
    That is motivating me to keep going. Dreaming of a life without this particular frustration in it.
    It really helps to get on and read the encouragement of others as well. We are all in the same boat.
  • tinathinplease
    Options
    Hello! :smile:

I think that is something that a lot of us struggle with (wanting our old self back)

I now try to think of it as I want a new me instead of my old self. It was something about my "old self" that got me into this mess to begin with...LOL

You have taken the first step, so try not to get discouraged! We are all here for support and inspriration!

I really like your perspective on this. I don't want my old self back. She just eats what she wants and then isn't happy with the results. I'll take a new me, please.
  • Cloe
    Cloe Posts: 435
    Options
    We are all in this together. I'm the same will power is not my strongest part of my personality.:blushing: Best of luck!
  • bigdane321
    bigdane321 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    WELCOME to the site were here for you.
  • aslavich
    aslavich Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I like that... my new self... I'm back and starting today, I'm going after that "New Self"!

:happy:
    Angela