Making own snack packs

Options
Im looking to make my own snack packs. I am a work at home mom and we look to cut costs where possible. Can you give me some ideas of healthier snacks that i could buy in bulk and make my own snack packs? I already have reduced fat wheat thins on my grocery list

Replies

• Konshu
    Konshu Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Im looking to make my own snack packs. I am a work at home mom and we look to cut costs where possible. Can you give me some ideas of healthier snacks that i could buy in bulk and make my own snack packs? I already have reduced fat wheat thins on my grocery list

I highly recommend baby carrots, almonds (in moderation) apples.. check the labels is the best guidance tool you have :) Good luck!
  • marisol7649
    marisol7649 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I got a huge chunck of the jarlsber low fat cheese and cut into pieces put half on a ziploc bag and froze the other one. I also made a huge pot of split pea soup. I cut up a bunch of tomatoes into slices and lettuce so I can make a quick sandwich.
  • iknowicaniknowican
    Options
    A few quick ideas, Mini pretzels, dried fruits, nuts, popcorn . I'm curious to hear other ideas .
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Clementines, banana's, celery and peanut butter, baby carrots, and dill pickles
  • smilestb99
    Options
    I like to cut up and bag veggies and hummus, celery and almond butter, soy crisps and salsa, and every once in a while I'll make my own trail mix with dark chocolate chunks, roasted soy nuts, raw walnuts, almonds, pecans, and dried blueberries and cranberries. You wouldn't want to overdo it, but a handful is good for a quick energy boost and some protein, fiber, and energy. :smile:
  • cassidystreasures
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas!