Fitbit Flex vs One

Options
geekishgirl
geekishgirl Posts: 117 Member
I'm looking at getting a Fitbit here in the near future and wanted to know people's thoughts on the Flex and the One. I'm torn between the two of them. Any suggestions?

Replies

• geekishgirl
    Options
    Probably should have put this on the fitness board... Lol

I wish I could move it!
  • Fit4good85
    Fit4good85 Posts: 133
    Options
    I can't compare the two because I've never tried the one and all my friends who run/workout have the flex. But I will say say this, I absolutely LOVE my Fitbit Flex!
  • geekishgirl
    Options
    I can't compare the two because I've never tried the one and all my friends who run/workout have the flex. But I will say say this, I absolutely LOVE my Fitbit Flex!

Thanks! I'm leaning more towards the Flex but I wanted to see what people had to say about them.
  • inneedofanap
    inneedofanap Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit One. Love it! Numerous Colleagues have the FitBits, some of us use the One and some the Flex. I don't see much of a difference when tracking steps but some minor differences are:

Flex
    You can wear it even when showering
    Harder to forget since you're always wearing it

One
    If you're a jewelry wearer like I am, it doesn't compete with your bracelets
    It doesn't have a wrist band to get dirty
    I've occasionally forgotten it at home since I don't wear it 24/7

While I do believe my Fitbit has motivated me to get up off my butt more often it's only good for tracking steps. Don't expect it to track heavy workouts.
  • geekishgirl
    Options
    I have the Fitbit One. Love it! Numerous Colleagues have the FitBits, some of us use the One and some the Flex. I don't see much of a difference when tracking steps but some minor differences are:

Flex
    You can wear it even when showering
    Harder to forget since you're always wearing it

One
    If you're a jewelry wearer like I am, it doesn't compete with your bracelets
    It doesn't have a wrist band to get dirty
    I've occasionally forgotten it at home since I don't wear it 24/7

While I do believe my Fitbit has motivated me to get up off my butt more often it's only good for tracking steps. Don't expect it to track heavy workouts.

Thanks! I am 100% wanting a Fitbit to track steps and motivate me to do some extra walking. I appreciate the differences you posted. Those are not the kind of things that the website shows for comparison!

ETA: I had no idea you could wear the flex while showering!
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my Flex.
  • Barbellarella_
    Barbellarella_ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    My Zip is really awesome... But they have the Flex at Costco for a super good price... So I'm tempted to upgrade.
  • geekishgirl
    Options
    My Zip is really awesome... But they have the Flex at Costco for a super good price... So I'm tempted to upgrade.

Seriously??? Costco has the Flex? I MUST look into this!
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love my Flex. I've used it every single day since I bought it early last summer. Never had a single problem. Its fantastic.
  • Barbellarella_
    Options

Yep! If I remember correctly, I think it was about $84...
  • geekishgirl
    Options

That's awesome! If you don't mind me asking, where do you live? I know sometimes different areas carry different things.
  • Barbellarella_
    Options

That's awesome! If you don't mind me asking, where do you live? I know sometimes different areas carry different things.
    I'm going to message you something VERY interesting.
  • Barbellarella_
    Options
    I was thinking about going to get me one, like I said. But I don't like the fact that you have to charge the flex every 5 days. When I had the Fitbit ultra, I used to have to charge it also, but I would always forget it on the cradle. I love that my zip has just a tiny little battery in it that last six months so I don't have to worry about charging it. I just need to replace the battery once a year.
  • LeafyEdge
    LeafyEdge Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I initially bought the One, but returned it after a couple of days and got the Flex. The One was just less convenient, because every time I changed clothes (often, between work, the gym, and going out), I had to find somewhere new to put it. I forgot about it a lot. It also was really hard to get out of the charging cradle. I've enjoyed the Flex a lot more, although I miss the in depth display of the One. But heck, I always have my phone on me, so it's not that big of a deal.