Wanted: suggestions for gentle excercise

Options
I can't tolerate much because of a medical issue. I am also very uncoordinated so fast aerobics or dance doesn't work.

Replies

• lindisk
    Options
    I can't tolerate much because of a medical issue. I am also very uncoordinated so fast aerobics or dance doesn't work.
  • hgd1212
    Options
    Have you ever tried pilates?
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    google gentle exercises. There are a lot of site for you.:flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Yoga, walking, & tai chi

Good luck.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    I have been doing quigong it is similiar to tai chi and uses about the same calories. Slow movements and no impact to speak of. Very relaxing and easy stretches.

Good luck
  • dinosgirl
    dinosgirl Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Definitely yoga or other forms of stretching and walking. Also, have you tried Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds? It is very easy to do and does not have any bouncing or jumping involved. Mostly just marching and various forms of "walking" in place.
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    I know this is corny, but Richard Simmons tapes are pretty easy. No high impact and the moves are usually pretty easy and they repeat alot and nothing is too fast. My mom is really uncordinated and she can do them.
  • vv6seek
    Options
    swimming is a no impact/high calorie burning exercise. a half an hour in the pool swimming laps can burn up to 500+ calories.
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Work with a stability ball if you can...it will help strengthen your core muscles. Look online for some ideas. I agree with the many others...yoga is great!!! Good luck!

*Kistinbee*