FRUSTRATION

Options
I HAVE ONLY BEEN ON THE MFP SITE FOR 1 WEEK. EASILY FALLING UNDER THE 1200 CALORIES DAILY WITH THE EXERCISE CALORIES. I HAVE GAINED #1 THIS WEEK.....ANY SUGGESTIONS TO GET THIS WEIGHT LOSS HEADED THE RIGHT DIRECTION?

Replies

• LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    you're not supposed to be aiming below 1200, eat all of the calories MFP gives you. and 1200 is the least calories MFP will recommend. Are you sure you should be at that low of a calorie consumption?
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    drink a ton of water and eat the calories that are assigned to you minimum
  • jdvfnp
    jdvfnp Posts: 11
    Options
    THIS IS THE CALORIE COUNT PROVIDED ME BY THE WEBSITE. I AM NOT REALLY AIMING FOR LESS THAN 1200 CALORIES IT JUST HAPPENS THAT WAY. I TRY TO EAT BREAKFAST, A PIECE OF FRUIT, LUNCH, SOME RAW VEGGIES, AND THEN SUPPER. I DO EXERCISE DAILY.
  • btrflyflutter
    btrflyflutter Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    If you have 1200 calories but say you did 300 worth of exercise.....you then need to eat 1500 calories or close to it that day. Make sure you are not to low under because you are basically starving yourself and you don't lose weight like that...your metabolism will actually slow down.
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    You are starving,Hon. Eat,or at worst have a meal replacement drink. Something.
  • kendf60
    kendf60 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Stick to your calorie & exercise goals and be patient. Your body may need time to adjust to your new lifestyle and will respond soon. After 7 months, I still have weeks where I don't lose or even gain a pound or 2 when I've been good on all of my numbers.
  • TuRboJamEVeRydaY
    TuRboJamEVeRydaY Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are eating 3 small meals and then at least 3 snacks, moderation is the key. If you dont eat enough calories then youf body goes into starvation mode and will store ANY fat that you eat so be careful going to low in calorie consumption
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Maybe it is because you are screaming so much. joke.gif
  • juliebrc1
    Options
    Make sure you are eating enough calories. I found out last week that I was not eating enough calories. You have to eat your exercise calories too, otherwise your body goes into starvation mode. Don't get frustrated. :)
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Maybe it is because you are screaming so much. joke.gif
    Bwahahahahahgahahahahaaaaaa!