post-weight loss bellys

Options

Replies

• TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    SW: 250 lbs
    Height: 5'1.5
    CW: 128 (These were taken at about 120 lbs)
    GW: 110

2r3dt3p.jpg

25p1c43.jpg
  • Tracergirl
    Tracergirl Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You ladies look great. Thanks so much for posting pics, I'm totally inspired now.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    My pics are here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1304029-nrolfw-completed-with-pics?page=1

Not from the very beginning but since having baby to now
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    ugh....i need to stay out of the success board. it just depresses me every time...lol. I hope these other ladies are the norm and that you'll be lucky enough to turn out like them. for me though, i would be pretty much more willing to die than to let anyone see what mine looks like now. I don't even want to look at it, nobody else is going to. i would certainly not imortalize the drapes of skin in a picture. on the internet. it's just gross.
  • polarJules
    Options
    Hi there,
    I never reallly wanted to show mine as my skin never bounced back and it was riddles with stretch marks. I elected to get a tummy tuck to take care of the damage. I had lost 100lbs, they removed 12lbs of skin that was hanging down. They call that an apron. I feel like not a lot of people know this is what happens sometimes. I think its quite common and the people you see post large weight loss have either had surgery or are wearing spanx to keep the wobble in check. I still have loose skin on my stomach and am not confident in me in a bikini, I am happy to wear a one piece.
  • schnicklefritz1
    schnicklefritz1 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I agree....I am FAR from that weight loss goal, however, serveral of my friends have lost a lot of weight and they have that apron. My goal.....I would love to have that apron and the gross arm flab...I am 45 years old, I know my skin will not bounce back. My first plastic surgery when I lose 100+ will be on the arms...I want to look fab in a tank top!!!! LOL And then I will do the legs and then the tummy. Hope the hubby is saving up!!!! LOL....

However....the pictures on here are awesome...with or with out tucks...WHO CARES...the weight loss happened and they are great looking and desever all the cutos in the world. I think age has so much to do with it,,,,,lose while you are young and your skin still loves you!!!! GREAT JOB EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I have stretch marks, and a little bit of loose skin at the bottom of my tummy. More like a w shape crease which I can cover with my undies. I think it has a lot to with genetics. I also lost the majority of my weight when I was in my early 20s and slowly.
  • zericaaaaa
    zericaaaaa Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5 and started at 269lbs. I have stretch marks but they are pretty faint.

IMG_2014031716620.jpg

that is awesome!! my start weight was 271, im at 240 now but you are a great inspiration!
  • ShrinkingShona
    ShrinkingShona Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    That is utterly amazing! Good on you - you look incredible. (Also good fro me since I am about the weight you were, so I know there can be light at the end of the tunnel :)
  • aliwhalen
    aliwhalen Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    ugh....i need to stay out of the success board. it just depresses me every time...lol. I hope these other ladies are the norm and that you'll be lucky enough to turn out like them. for me though, i would be pretty much more willing to die than to let anyone see what mine looks like now. I don't even want to look at it, nobody else is going to. i would certainly not imortalize the drapes of skin in a picture. on the internet. it's just gross.

I have it too, but I've been feeling so much more confident since I've lost weight. There's so much stigma around weight loss/pregnancy/extra skin. So taboo. I wore a peplum shirt today and the wind kept blowing it up, in the past I would have been mortified, but today I just went with it. Let people see the reality!
  • glitznglamour15
    glitznglamour15 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Wow, you all look so amazing! :) You are all such an inspiration and are all so beautiful! Lets celebrate our bodies instead of constantly comparing them to other people's bodies. <3 you are fabulous!
  • PandaFat2Fit
    PandaFat2Fit Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Wow, you all look so amazing! :) You are all such an inspiration and are all so beautiful! Lets celebrate our bodies instead of constantly comparing them to other people's bodies. <3 you are fabulous!

Agreed. Today my boyfriend and I were on the beach. He looked at me and asked "how do I look?" And I told him he has a beach body. That is, a body that is on a beach ;) progress takes time and loose skin and stretch marks are still better than obesity related diseases :)
  • my2kin04
    my2kin04 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    wow, you look amazing! The last picture of you in the red, is that with your weight lifting?
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    <

Technically I was 208 the day before my son was born, but 10.5 of that was pure baby. My waist is 29.5 now, with a few faint stretch marks.
  • my2kin04
    Options
    sorry can't get the pictures to work :(
  • my2kin04
    Options
    I guess ill have to do it the hard way, sorry guys, but anyway. I am 33, 5'6, started at 225 wearing 18, in my before i am 200 wearing size 16 and my after (still working on that) size 12, 41 hip, size med. large. shirts, you will have to click on my profile pictures to see those if you are interested. :ohwell:
  • GeordieGirl80s
    GeordieGirl80s Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Nice going girl!!
  • shebaa1123
    shebaa1123 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Great Job!
  • mary659497
    mary659497 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Love the pictures and stories. Congratulations to you all.
  • rhina23
    rhina23 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I was hesitant at first to post pictures in my undies, especially the before picture. But then I realized that those are the pictures that encouraged me most 18 months ago when I first started MFP and browsed through the success stories for inspiration. So pardon the big white whale on the left but here you go, I am 5'4" and 32 years old:

Slide2_zpse0d77cbb.jpg

Slide1_zps86731040.jpg

Since the last pic was taken in December 2013, I have started a 12 week weightlifting program and have high hopes that it will improve the lose skin on my belly and flabby butt. I am about to repeat this program, this time following the nutrition plan that comes with it, hopefully I will be able to post a new picture in 3 months!

Proper fitting clothes are half the battle though, nobody has to know what you are hiding underneath :)

Slide8_zps01f2acd5.jpg
    Slide6_zpsf436d0b6.jpg

Such an inspiration!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!