Overate, now what?

Hi! Today I started eating out or frustration and other emotionAl things... I stopped myself, but only after logging ever morsel and realizing it was 1400 calories over. My goal is to lose .5 lbs per week. Taking into account that today I at 1400 over, my deficit for the week is destroyed. It will all be okay, but I can't shake the fact that I messed up and that makes me want to eat MORE!!! Crazy... I know! Anyways, how can I stop beating myself up? But also, how can I combat this in the future?
Thanks!

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    It's one day. Have a glass of water and relax. Tomorrow is a new day - just eat and log normally tomorrow, you're fine. :smile:
  • DivineChoices
    DivineChoices Posts: 193 Member
    You log it and move on. Each minute of each day we are faced with choices to make. So make better choices starting now. :)
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Have you ever done a SWOT on emotional eating? I know it sounds nerdy, but it helped me.
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    It's one day, move on with life.

Rigger
  • shrimpydoo
    shrimpydoo Posts: 112 Member
    It happens! Pick up, dust off, go for a walk, and start over tomorrow. That's the beauty of MFP...Every day provides opportunity to do it right.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Pre-log your food tomorrow. Make it what should be eating had you not had this slip up. Make sure these foods are prepared and ready for you to easily access. Stick to the plan. Go for a walk now to let the stress go if you like.
  • funfang
    funfang Posts: 200 Member
    Things happen, life goes on, it's just one day, you will start fresh tomorrow. I have gone over many times, once I was over about 1400 calories in one day. I made sure I work out extra that day and the day after, drink a lot of water and be good for a week. No damage done and I had a great time that day ( it was a BBQ party)

Don't worry too much about it, we are on this to help us making better choice and understand the choice we make. Not to punish us. We should be able to enjoy once a while even that means we eat more then we should ( sometimes it's great for the soul :-)
  • wonderwoman234
    wonderwoman234 Posts: 551 Member
    Recognize that you felt stressed and chose to eat to cope. You realized it didn't really help you cope. So you will choose to do something different next time.

There is no shame in having a misstep. There isn't a single person on the planet who is perfect. NOT ONE. Be compassionate with yourself. You felt bad and you ate. Big deal. It doesn't define your worth. Let go of the shame. There is nothing to be ashamed about!

Eat on plan going forward because you want to do something good for yourself. You deserve it! :)
  • larddragon
    larddragon Posts: 24 Member
    Don't worry! I ate 1500 calories over my aim yesterday! (Had friends over, ordered pizza hut...went a little wild).

I just went back on the treadmill today. Stick to it. I'm not gonna let one day stop me from losing weight, and you can't either!
  • skrlec70
    skrlec70 Posts: 302 Member
    breath, your ok, tomorrow is another day :flowerforyou:
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    You should totally overthink it.
  • What would you tell your best friend if it was her/him and (s)he asked you what to do?

Listen to yourself.
  • _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    What would you tell your best friend if it was her/him and (s)he asked you what to do?

Listen to yourself.

↑↑↑ This....

Log it, move on