My first triathlon tomorrow!

Options
jaja76
jaja76 Posts: 31 Member
Yikes! I'm very excited and a bit nervous at the same time. I won't be the first to cross the finish line and I could be the last but I will finish. I would never of thought I'd be doing this 3 years ago. It feels good to be an athlete again!

Replies

• 73JD2013
    73JD2013 Posts: 26
    Options
    OUTSTANDING!!!!! You have come a longggg way. No matter what, you should be proud of yourself!!! :glasses:
  • sherinohio
    sherinohio Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You rock! Enjoy your first but probably not last tri!
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! And good luck!!!:drinker:

Be sure to smile for the photographer at the finish line :smile:
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    You are a victor before you even cross the starting line. It takes an amazing amount of courage to attempt such a feat.
    Congratulations doesn't seem big enough. Try to have fun and please report back and tell us all about it.
  • ohpiper
    ohpiper Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I think that's great! Enjoy!
  • jaja76
    Options
    What a rush and a feeling of comradery! Biking was a real challenge. It was raining hard and only about 48 degrees. Frozen fingers made shifting difficult but pushed through. I never stopped or walked. It was a great experience.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Good job! So, are you going to do it again?

The first is interesting, but there is so much you can learn from more.
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    YAY, congrats! I did a Sprint Tri and it was amazing to see what I was capable of. I finished almost last, but I FINISHED.

And I literally started bawling I was so happy to be done...lol.
  • llkdjohnson1
    Options
    Congratulations!! I know you will do such a fabulous job!! No matter where you come in at the end of the race you are already an amazing winner!! I am excited for you.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I love racing marathons. Once my damn spine fusion heals (scoliosis) I'll be out racing again.
  • jaja76
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Yes, I plan on doing it again next year. It will be nice to know what to expect next time and have better preparation. No matter what it was a great experience and a personal challenge to do it.