Question about water intake and weight loss.

I'm sorry if this question is dumb or obvious, but how crucial is how much water you get throughout the day to losing weight. Does not drinking enough water prevent fat loss or is it just preventing scale weight loss?

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Not drinking enough water can cause a lot of your body's systems to slow or shut down.

Not drinking enough water, for funsies is a terrible strategy. Keep in mind, you piss it out.
  • daphnec1994
    daphnec1994 Posts: 71 Member
    Sorry if this wasn't clear, i try to drink a lot of water, but my current job prevents me from having time to during the day. Its not that I am trying not to, or for "funsies"
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Sorry if this wasn't clear, i try to drink a lot of water, but my current job prevents me from having time to during the day. Its not that I am trying not to, or for "funsies"

Take water with you, it's a basic human need. The employer will understand.
  • JaneLane33
    JaneLane33 Posts: 80 Member
    Keep in mind the 8 glasses "they" tell you to get is a generic guideline of sorts. You may need less, you may need more. We also get water/fluids from the foods we eat and other beverages. So don't get overly stressed about it.
  • Drinking water tends to have you feel full. Where as not drinking water you eat a lot more. Plus drinking water has tons of healthy benefits and doesn't give you migraines. I hate drinking water,but I find if you put fruit in it you dont taste the water and you can eat the fruit afterwards :P
  • daphnec1994
    daphnec1994 Posts: 71 Member

Take water with you, it's a basic human need. The employer will understand.

Seriously.... I drink enough water for human survival, you really couldn't be further from helping answer my question. I'm talking about the gallon a day people are expected to drink for weight loss. But please feel free to exit out of this topic.
  • My job(work as a cashier) we are not allowed to have any beverages/food products; out on the floor.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    You don't need a gallon a day for weight loss. It has no magic weight loss properties. You need it for general health. Let thirst be your guide and forget about it.
  • JoanaMHill
    JoanaMHill Posts: 265 Member
    Water is good for you, as you obviously know. It's also good for weight loss in that if you eat a lot of foods that are high in sodium, consistently drinking water can help prevent water retention, which can add a few pounds (at least temporarily) and discourage people. It isn't magical either way, really.