Vegan Protein Powder

Options
Looking for a vegan protein powder. Can anyone suggest any favorites?

Replies

• sattysingh87
    sattysingh87 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Nutrisport 90+ vegan (isolate pea protein) is probably the most effective ive had personally, BUT to me it tasted like literally eating a raw pea plant as it you can only get it unflavoured. I eventually did finish it, since then ive changed to a range of flavoured soya alternative supplements, although they taste a million times better, results were no where near as good.
    So Im going back to pea protein 90+ (unfortunately bk to holding my nose whilst gulping it as fast a i can lol )

If anyone knows of any better alternatives, shout out! :)
  • aledba
    aledba Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I personally LOVE Vega Sport Recovery line, especially the chocolate flavour. I have also recently purchased Progressive Veg Essential All-in-One Berry flavour. It is actually very nice and froths up really well in a shake format. I sometimes mix the two together and it's a nice combo of flavours. In terms of results, I believe it is helpful to my lifting regimen. I drink 1 serving within 30 mins of finishing my cooldown/stretching. Easy on the tummy, 25g of protein/serving roughly. No soy in Vega, but I believe lecithin shows up in Prog. Veg Essential.
  • vegwrangler
    vegwrangler Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I am loving Plant Fusion. It mixes in nicely and doesn't suck. The vanilla is a little too sweet, but the plain is unnoticeable when added to smoothies and other recipes.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    I use nutribiotic rice protein powder. It tastes terrible but its just the protein that I need (12g/scoop). The vanilla one tastes less terrible
  • DeliriumCanBeFun
    DeliriumCanBeFun Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I second the Plant Fusion. The vanilla is a little sweet, but it has a good vanilla flavor goes so well with all kinds of fruit. The chocolate is pretty good too, and I keep it on hand. I haven't tried the unflavored or the cookies and cream yet, but they have both been recommended by a friend with proven good taste.
  • rbiss
    rbiss Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I used Garden of Life Mocha Java flavor. It even has some ground coffee. It's a bit chalky but goes well with anything chocolate.
  • takumaku
    takumaku Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Sunwarrior - Warrior Blend for general purpose.

Nutribiotic rice protein for baking.
  • AlwaysBigSteve
    AlwaysBigSteve Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Manitoba Harvest pro 70 is great!
  • Allyvegan
    Allyvegan Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I like Vega protein smoothie chocolate and vanilla, but am going to try PlantFusion next purchase. I also have some Nutribiotic mixed berry hanging around, but it tastes and smells so incredibly disgusting. I throw in a tbs here and there in places I can't taste it.

I've also tried AboutTime chocolate, but wasn't a huge fan of the texture and it was incredibly hard to mix.
  • doubleduofa
    doubleduofa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I like true vitality. It has 15 g, lots of vitamins, and the flavor is mild. I also like that it has no stevia. I also use biochem vegan vanilla sometimes, but I don't love the taste of that one as much - it has like 24g of protein and it's just pea, hemp, and cranberry protein. Again, no stevia.
  • telecoffeesaur
    telecoffeesaur Posts: 12 Member
    Options

Agree. Sunwarrior is great. I use the classic vegan chocolate flavor. 16 grams of protein and only 80 calories!
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    no one's tried Spirutein? (algae-based :ohwell: )
  • Jaedynmoon
    Jaedynmoon Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I use Sunwarrior Warrior Blend. I've only bought the chocolate one though. I have a gluten/dairy allergy so it was one of the higher rated ones without allergens in it. I love it!
  • SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    Options

I have the vanilla flavor one.
    Stef.
  • writergeek313
    writergeek313 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Manitoba Harvest pro 70 is great!

This was going to be my suggestion if you want a powder to add to smoothies or to bake with. The only reason I stopped using it was because I wanted something I could just mix with water or milk, and I can't imagine doing that with Hemp Pro 70. I'm not vegan but am discovering that I sometimes have stomach troubles after I drink whey protein, so I may switch back to it at least sometimes.
  • swalberg0625
    swalberg0625 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I am loving Plant Fusion. It mixes in nicely and doesn't suck. The vanilla is a little too sweet, but the plain is unnoticeable when added to smoothies and other recipes.

Went with Plant Fusion plain, should be here tmr :) Thanks for all the input everyone!!