Pain

Options
Does anyone else get a rash between their legs? Seems to be a heat rash from exercising with excessive sweat or from larger thighs rubbing together. It hurts so bad that I have to walk around like I just got off a horse....LOL. Not to be too graphic. Diaper rash ointment has not helped, nor has cornstarch (to soak up moisture). Burns constantly. Not internal, but on the external skin. Suggestions?

Replies

• sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    1st....wear cotton, don't let the skin rub on skin. I wear like leggings, that helps. 2nd.....powder. It will get better when the weight comes off.....this is just 1 of the things I cannot wait to get rid of myself :blushing:
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Have you tried wearing something that covers your thighs while exercising to see if that helps? When I first started out, my legs rubbed together all the way to the knees. So I wore these tight spandex shorts that could go almost to my knees. Yeah, they looked crappy, but I wore a baggy shirt over it to cover up lumps and bumps. Anyway, I noticed that I no longer got a rash when I was doing this. Heck, I even wore those shorts to church under my skirts because just sitting down made my legs rub together and get rashes!

If this doesn't work, then there's possibly a problem there that I don't know what it is.
  • tbtravels
    tbtravels Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Distance runners often use aquaphor (in many places.. Leg, nipples,etc) as a preventative. Apply just before you exercise in the problem areas ... Should help!
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    Have you tried wearing something that covers your thighs while exercising to see if that helps? When I first started out, my legs rubbed together all the way to the knees. So I wore these tight spandex shorts that could go almost to my knees. Yeah, they looked crappy, but I wore a baggy shirt over it to cover up lumps and bumps. Anyway, I noticed that I no longer got a rash when I was doing this. Heck, I even wore those shorts to church under my skirts because just sitting down made my legs rub together and get rashes!

If this doesn't work, then there's possibly a problem there that I don't know what it is.
    This is along the same lines that I was thinking. They have fitted shorts of all lengths and hey you could even wear them under a pair of other shorts, I see layers all the time. For me I just wear fitted workout pants and my thighs rub but the material protects them. No loose pants for me or it get ouchie sometimes.
  • triben
    triben Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Yeah I walk like John Wayne sometimes. Spandex is a good choice. I wear underarmor tight fitting underwear. I wear the 9 inch long ones so they go almost to my knees. not sure if they make a womens version. they have saved my life. I have been wearing them for a couple of years and never leave home without them.

triathletes get chafing a lot and a good triathlete store will have have a product for chafing. I use a product called "body glide the original anti-chafe balm". chamoix cream is mostly for biking and feels real "slick" so I would stay away from that

the underarmor prevents it but when I get it the body glide makes it feel better. I tried all the the things you did and they did not work. good luck
  • AutismMom
    AutismMom Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    It happens when I wear the jogging pants that make noise when they rub together. I stopped buying them obviously. I use my kids diaper cream to get rid of it, zinc oxide. Sometimes its also from excessive sweating and rubbing, when I was bigger I got it all the time during rugby. If you are taking breaks between strenious workouts try gently drying the area, and shower immediately after workouts.
  • AutismMom
    AutismMom Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    K, the above post was from my HUSBAND in my account!!! I don't play rugby, and I really didn't remember writing that!! so that adivce was from him .. but great advice :)
  • theologynerd
    theologynerd Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Hey Shannon-

At the running store on South Broadway, (can't remember the name... The Running Room? Maybe) they have a stick that looks like deoderant bars. It's called Body Glide, and you apply it anywhere that chafes. I LOVE this stuff. It is so great. Sometimes when I'm running, my arms will rub on my shirt sleeves below my armpits and give me the same problem. Also, I got some of those spandex shorts at wal-mart and target. Since I wouldn't be caught dead in public in those, I have a pair of baggier shorts that I wear over the top.