Replies

• sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    You simply choose to be happy.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    By laughing at other peoples' expense. Can't forget to mention eating lots of Talenti gelato and chocolate swiss roll cakes. Oh, and deadlifts make me happy, too.
  • jacques57
    jacques57 Posts: 2,129 Member
    Options
    "The true path to happiness is found by lowering your expectations." - Juan Hu Nose
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    simplify.
  • surferxterra
    surferxterra Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Diversify
  • MandyH1991
    MandyH1991 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You can try post secret videos, they are sad but make you realize that life isn't so bad.
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    money and sex.

I like the way you think.
  • skrlec70
    skrlec70 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    in an extra large deluxe luca's pizza :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • brianyeager
    Options
    Can You Buy Happiness?
    By: Brian A. Yeager

This is the “American Dream”: “The American Dream is a national ethos of the United States, a set of ideals in which freedom includes the opportunity for prosperity and success, and an upward social mobility achieved through hard work. In the definition of the American Dream by James Truslow Adams in 1931, ‘life should be better and richer and fuller for everyone, with opportunity for each according to ability or achievement’ regardless of social class or circumstances of birth” (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Dream).

False teachers have often used false promises of prosperity to lure in prey (II Peter 2:1-3 and II Peter 2:18-19). Creflo Dollar is a modern day false teacher that employs such tactics to draw people into his false religion. He has even created the “World Changers Church International School Of Prosperity”. With his school he lies to people about God wanting them to be rich in material things (http://www.worldchangers.org/soponline/soplanding.html). People fall for this because happiness is thought to be available through money.

The question is, “can you buy happiness”? God’s people are supposed to be a happy people (Psalms 144:15). Thus, if money does bring about happiness, you can be sure that God wants us to have plenty of it. To be sure that I have all the Scriptures about how money can make us happy, I searched the Bible from Genesis – Revelation. I searched for verses that have the words, “happy”, “happiness”, “joy”, “joyful”, “laughter”, etc. If I were to quote the Scriptures that have those words associated with material gain bringing any form of happiness this article would end with no more Scriptures. While you can find that correction from God (Job 5:17), having children (Psalms 127:3-5), eating what you provided from work (Psalms 128:2), wisdom (Proverbs 3:13), etc. brings happiness; you do not find such statements in regard to an abundance of wealth. You can even see that suffering for God can bring happiness (I Peter 3:14). However, you will not find that bigger houses or greater investments will bring you joy. So, what do you find about gaining more material things?

Getting More Will Bring Something To Your Life

If you want the bigger house, faster car, larger property, and so on; there is something you will find out. Let’s allow the Scriptures to speak on this point. Notice what MORE material things will bring to your life: “He that loveth silver shall not be satisfied with silver; nor he that loveth abundance with increase: this is also vanity. When goods increase, they are increased that eat them: and what good is there to the owners thereof, saving the beholding of them with their eyes? The sleep of a labouring man is sweet, whether he eat little or much: but the abundance of the rich will not suffer him to sleep. There is a sore evil which I have seen under the sun, namely, riches kept for the owners thereof to their hurt. But those riches perish by evil travail: and he begetteth a son, and there is nothing in his hand. As he came forth of his mother's womb, naked shall he return to go as he came, and shall take nothing of his labour, which he may carry away in his hand. And this also is a sore evil, that in all points as he came, so shall he go: and what profit hath he that hath laboured for the wind? All his days also he eateth in darkness, and he hath much sorrow and wrath with his sickness” (Ecclesiastes 5:10-17).

In case you didn’t get it from the Scriptures above, here is another set of Scriptures to consider: “He that is greedy of gain troubleth his own house; but he that hateth gifts shall live… Wilt thou set thine eyes upon that which is not? for riches certainly make themselves wings; they fly away as an eagle toward heaven… Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also” (Proverbs 15:27, Proverbs 23:5, and Matthew 6:19-21).

Consider some things that the Scriptures you’ve just read should have you realizing already. What happens when you get a bigger house, larger property, more cars, etc.? For one, you find out that they don’t make you happy. Then, you also realize that those material belongings increase your expenses because of upkeep, taxes, etc. We cannot forget that the bigger house needs furniture. The nice backyard needs sprinklers and all other types of things to help it be nice. How happy are you now? If these things are where you look to find joy you’ll find more misery every day.
    Don’t Look To Material Things To Bring You Joy
    It is not wrong to have nice material things or even to enjoy them (Ecclesiastes 2:24, Ecclesiastes 3:12-13, Ecclesiastes 5:18-20, Ecclesiastes 8:15, and I Timothy 6:17). What is wrong is falling in love with material things and not finding contentment in what you need (I Timothy 6:6-10 and Hebrews 13:5-6). Whether we abound in material things or suffer loss, we should be able to be content (Philippians 4:11-13). If our lives become centered on the things we own we have missed what we’re supposed to be living for. As our Savior asked, “For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul” (Matthew 16:26)?

When you leave this world everything you have gained will become the property of someone else (Psalms 39:6, Psalms 49:10-11, and Luke 12:16-21). Riches certainly will not help your soul to be saved (Job 36:18-19, Psalms 49:6-8, and Proverbs 11:4). Lasting joy will only come to those who are prepared to leave this world and enter into eternal life with our God (I Peter 1:3-9 and I Peter 4:13). Therefore, when you fall in love with everything this world has to offer you have fallen in love with things that will end with this world (I John 2:15-17).

People often work harder and harder to get bigger and better things. However, they find that the more they get the more they want (Ecclesiastes 6:7). Does an abundance of material things bring joy to one’s life? God’s answer is, NO (Luke 12:15). If you are looking for happiness and cannot find it in this world, change your search parameters (Psalms 146:5, Proverbs 16:20, and Philippians 4:6-7).

http://www.wordsoftruth.net/wotvol13/wotbulletin03102013.html
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    To find an ultimate balance. To look at every aspect of your life, and be content with where you are at.

I am grateful, because it is rare to find true complete happiness in this world. Many will die without it and not even know it.

The journey you follow, is the one you make without the expectations of others. We all only get 1.
  • fatfudgery
    fatfudgery Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Happiness is found in accepting oneself, flaws and all, and trying each day to become better and helping others become better than... Wait, wrong thread! Hookers and blow! I meant hookers and blow!
  • Smirnoff65
    Smirnoff65 Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I find happiness in the faces of my children
  • Army_Of_One
    Army_Of_One Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Happiness is a warm gun . . . yes it is!

~The Beatles
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    By staying away from the human race as much as possible.
  • sw33tp3a11
    sw33tp3a11 Posts: 4,646 Member
    Options
    When you start to let go of all the hurt and heal all the heartbreak that life has giving you and accept that things will never be perfect.

At least that's a start to finding true happiness.
  • PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    131579651141991.gif
    You. I like you.

Well... there is truth to that.
  • trijoe
    trijoe Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the yellow pages? They should be pretty helpful.
  • arainiday1
    arainiday1 Posts: 1,763 Member
    Options
    Scumbag Gil is back!!!! Did you find a cougar yet? I checked back a few times for updates and to no avail.....

Seriously you have to be happy with yourself. No one else is responsible for your happiness except you. It starts there. Stop looking outside and look within!

Happy Friday the 13th with a Full Honey Moon :heart:
  • ComradeTovarich
    ComradeTovarich Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Shrek is happiness.