Completely Shocked!!!

Options
I have to say that I have been dieting for the past 20 years on and off...(More off then on)!! A friend at work told me about MFP and I thought what the heck I have tried everything else. I joined 01-02-2011 and have logged on everyday and logged my food everyday. I LOVE the message boards...all the motivation,success stories, etc.

Today after 10 days on MFP I figured I would log my weight. I felt like I was losing and was for the 1st time in my life excited to get on the scale. Well I have lost 7 lbs. in 10 days. I almost cried I was so excited. I want to say thank you to all the wonderful people on this site. Your motivation, information and support is whats working for me.

My motto for this year: 2011 is my year to do for ME!!!!

Replies

• Cookie22684
    Cookie22684 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Great Job, and don't forget this year is yours :smile:
  • 1977belle03
    Options
    I too am only new - joined 1/05/11 and have lost 4lbs already in 7 days - WOW, I cant believe after trying all the fad diets, all it took was such a wonderful site like this to help me with my calorie counting - It really does work. I only need to lose a fairly small amount of weight, but I have not been able to budge it for years. 16lbs to go!!!!

Good luck with your journey =)
  • Hannaca1992
    Options
    Well Done (: xx
  • Pinoy_Pal
    Pinoy_Pal Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Keep it up!!

:o]
  • LastFighter
    LastFighter Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Make sure you get tons of before pictures I wanna see you in 78 lbs :)
  • LMRoses
    LMRoses Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Well done you! Isn't it a great feeling? Not only losing the weight, but how great your body feels!
  • marniehodges
    Options
    Good for you!!! The support here and the tools available are amazing. Here's to you and much success! :drinker:
  • tinkerbell1964
    Options
    well done keep it up, you're an inspiration :smile:
  • vero_1
    vero_1 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!!
  • marymoonpigUK
    Options
    Fantastic!!!!, well done x:smile:
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Well done !
  • simplyshannal
    simplyshannal Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Keep it up!
  • emmclean
    emmclean Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I too am only new - joined 1/05/11 and have lost 4lbs already in 7 days - WOW, I cant believe after trying all the fad diets, all it took was such a wonderful site like this to help me with my calorie counting - It really does work. I only need to lose a fairly small amount of weight, but I have not been able to budge it for years. 16lbs to go!!!!

Good luck with your journey =)

Exactly my story! Started on 4th Jan, weighed in today 4 lbs lighter :) This site is fantastic and the message boards so crucial for inspiration and motivation.

3550380.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

SW 214
    CW 210
    GW 161
  • MrsHunterFellows
    MrsHunterFellows Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    well done chick :-) xx
  • keepitoff99
    Options
    So happy for you!! Keep up the good work! :drinker:
  • JSprad
    JSprad Posts: 31
    Options
    How great! Keep up the good work!
  • sgreene87
    sgreene87 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Congrats! This site helps so many people stick to it. I log on all day off and on just so I can read the success stories and it keeps me on the right path of motivation. Thanks for your post!
  • Marlys101
    Marlys101 Posts: 100
    Options
    I'm like you....up and down with weight....diet after diet....joined mfp in Apr or May of 10'....this is the first site I log into (even before Facebook). I love it and it really works.
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

YAY!! My first weekend, I started the 1st and did my first weigh-in on that following Monday, I lost 6 pounds. Talk about a motivator. I am sure it was water weight since dieting also lowers my salt intake, just by eliminating a lot of the crap foods I was eating. But, what a great start, right?

Enjoy it! Its nice to be in control.There will be hard moments but keep your eye on the prize!
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    Welcome! This is your year!!!!

Charmagne
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!