Need encouragment and accountability partners

Options
Hey everyone, my name is Andrea. I'm 43 and live in Indiana with my husband and our 3 children. I am excited to begin this journey...again. I have battled food addiction most of my life. I have lost and gained the same 150 pounds 3 times now. You'd think I would get it in my head no to allow myself to go, but sadly, I have. I am looking for friends to encourage me along the way and offer accountability and I will do the same in return. Hope everyone has a very nice weekend.

Replies

• Muzica1959
    Muzica1959 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I know all about yo-yo dieting. I am the Queen. I have been on every diet you can name BUT I never really tried tracking my calories as well as exercise. Something is different this time. I am craving workouts instead of food. I never reach my base calories now, not to mention the extra ones they add on for exercise. I know you can do this. I know we both can. It's all a mind set. I am telling myself I am no longer a food addict. I am now a workout addict. C'mon, we will do this, this time. Can't you feel it?
  • cbpbro
    cbpbro Posts: 49
    Options
    Hey Andrea, get back on the wagon or you will more than likely find yourself in an early grave. You want to live to see your grandchildren right? Its high time you lost this weight once and for all and since you have done it already then it should come easy to you. Food is delicious, but there are more important things in life. Sorry if I'm blunt, but like you I lost the same 150 pounds 3 or 4 times and these are the harsh realities I had to face in order to lose it all for good. Best of luck to you.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    Hi Andrea, I am an active user a d logger. My diary is open . Feel free to add me.
  • Bella_12356
    Options
    feel free to add me- i have lost and gained back almost 130 pounds so we have that in common:(
  • BookAngel_a
    BookAngel_a Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I have yo-yo dieted a lot too, but this is the most I've ever had to lose. My goal is 100 pounds and I've lost 8 so I have a ways to go.

I find for me, my biggest problem is, I will decide to take care of myself, have a few really good months and lose some weight, and then a crisis happens and I stop taking care of myself while dealing with whatever the crisis is (things like an injury or sickness in the family, my husband's job loss, a failed adoption, etc, etc). I can never seem to take care of myself consistently because I feel that whatever has happened is more important than MY needs. I gotta change that thinking!

Anyway, anyone is welcome to add me as a friend. I'm active on MFP and I'm friendly. We can do this!
  • momsfavoritechild
    momsfavoritechild Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm still new,on my 2nd week. Feel free to add me as a friend. I am working on a 30day challenge setting my own goals to motivate change. I have friends who have joined me, you can join us and set your own goals.
  • carisone
    carisone Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi

Having been on many diets this site has been the only site that has made me feel genuinely encouraged, I am seeing real progress even though I have a long way to go, feel free to add me and we can support each other :)
  • wanderlustre72
    wanderlustre72 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am nearly 42 and been here for 1 month and a half - 9lbs down so far and its going ok. Happy for anyone to add me and receive a bit of mutual support and banter (chit chat). I log everyday, blog a bit and keep the comments coming.

Anyone add me if they want a new buddy!

:-) Christine x