We're flooded in and it Stinks :-)

Options
Sorry about the opening but basically that is it. But I will go back to the beginning!!!

Not long ago I weighed about 110 kg
After seperating from my husband of 13 years, getting my stress eating under control, reducing portion sizes and in general becoming more active I managed to lose about 26 kg over 2010.

Now as most of QLD has been under water for a a month or more and the worst of the flooding hitting my region over the last few days, I've found my life has become quite sedentry. I was a little horrified to discover that I've actually gained about 3kg.
I did start jogging with my dog (in between the belting down rain) and using the xtrainer over the last week.

I'm thinking it's time I really put some effort into the weight loss thing so when a friend sent me a link to this website last night I decided to check it out! Well here is hoping I can lose another 26 kg over 2011.

As for the floods, we are quite safe in our home for the time being although the little local township has been devastated twice. Some terrible tradgedies have occured. :-( Stay safe People

Replies

• Ashlea_M
    Ashlea_M Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Oh no! Where are you? I live in Canberra.
  • huneyb007
    Options
    We're in SEQ near Esk in the Brisbane Valley
  • Kezzanna
    Kezzanna Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    It does stink! I have just been watching the special news editions on Toowoomba and associated areas. I hope that you continue to stay safe. On the other areas - congratulations on the weight loss over 2010!!!! and on making the changes you have including the some of the harder ones. I have just started here today, as I have hit the 110kg mark and am only 5 foot 2 - which is not so good! Interestingly, I have been with my partner for 13 years too and am also a stress eater.....hmmm...Good luck, stay safe and congrats!
  • huneyb007
    Options
    Yes I know what you mean... I'm only 5'4 and it really is a big load to carry. and quite scary too

Thanks for your sentiments....I'm quite grateful that I still have electricity, Though not sure for how long. But Not a good day... my son is stuck with his father between towns atm. Yes food is looking very good today. And my resolve is getting lower. :-(
  • Kezzanna
    Kezzanna Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! Control what you can. You can't help the boys atm, but you can help you! Stick it out and know that someone's thinking of you.