I need help with a meal plan

Options
I really need help with a meal plan like what I can and should not eat for breakfast,lunch and dinner its really hard for me going from eating extremely bad to healthier. Also if you know any good at home excersizes I can do it would be greatfully appreciated. Thank you :)

Replies

• Barbellarella_
    Barbellarella_ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say there's anything, you should, or shouldn't eat. You will be more successful if you make sure you LIKE what you're eating! Just make sure you weigh and measure everything carefully, and that it fits in your calorie goal for the day.

If you find yourself too hungry, then focus on adding more protein to your meals, they will help keep you filled up longer.

If you're looking to workout from home with videos, Jillian Michael's 30 day shred is pretty popular, and I've done p90x3 myself, it's pretty fun.

Good luck!
  • xenu01
    xenu01 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I was never really a binge eater (at least, not often), so the biggest reason I gained so much weight is because I was eating large amounts of very calorie-laden foods at regular meal times. One of the things that helped me get started was to make small modifications to the things I ate anyway--this can be a lot more helpful, and sustainable, in the long run.

For example, normally if I were having pasta, I'd put enough on my plate to fill that huge plate, then I'd put butter AND sauce on it, then I'd grate a whole lot of cheese on it. My first step was to figure out reasonable serving sizes of pasta, like 1.5 cups. Then I cut out the butter. Then I figured out a reasonable serving size of cheese, like a tablespoon, and started investing in really good, smelly hard cheeses that would pack more flavor in a small amount. Then, after a while, I tried substituting spaghetti squash in for noodles.

You still get to eat yummy things, even pizza! The key is to plan around them. I know I'm more likely to indulge at dinner (especially since I share that meal with a skinny man who packs away the food without consequences) so I usually eat small but healthy breakfasts (a hardboiled egg and yogurt or toast with jam), drink black coffee, and eat healthy lunches.

So, one step at a time. I hope this was helpful.
  • sexymamadraeger
    sexymamadraeger Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I would take your total calories allowed for the day and divide it by 5. Plan to eat 3 meals and 2 snacks and make them about the same # of calories for each. If you only have to wait 2 or 3 hours for your next meal or snack you can make it mentally. I agree with the protein. Everyone says you don't have to be hungry and lose weight. I'd say most days I'm not hungry. Every so often I really am. But I think it's cravings more than true hunger. You have to figure out when your body is actually hungry and when you're craving food. If you are truly hungry go for protein.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    There is not really a specific meal plan you should follow. What are your goals for weight loss, nutrient intake, fitness? These things might help people better answer you. I would suggest trying to make a few friends on here who have similar interests and goals as you (and try to find someone who has reached your goals) who will share their diary with you for ideas and whom you can ask questions.
  • bevmcarthur
    bevmcarthur Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    my diary is open if you would like to have a look . If you open your diary we might have a better idea of what you are eating already .
  • rosanna421
    rosanna421 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    you can take a look at my diary for some ideas, i usually break my day up into 4-5 meals
  • tjmaximizer
    Options
    You can customize your meal plan at http://www.customizedfatlosselite.com
  • stephanieharms1290
    stephanieharms1290 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different, and there are several different types of meal plans you can try. What are some of your favorite foods? What do you hate?

Make sure you drink plenty of water, make room for multiple, smaller meals throughout the day instead of basic large meals. The more you eat, the better.

Feel free to take a look at my diary and message me if you need help!
  • jenniferpark01
    jenniferpark01 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Keep it easy and stick to basic healthy foods. Lean proteins with veggies and some kind of carb add in some healthy fats and fruits and you have a food plan. I don't like to eat bread or pasta because bread and pasta are my crack.

Thursday I had egg whites (hard boiled) and oatmeal (made with water) for breakfast. Protein powder mixed with water for my morning snack. Salmon and broccoli for lunch. A peach for an afternoon snack and dinner was lentils, ground turkey, and a big salad.

Today I had an untraditional breakfast of lentils, turkey, and avocado. Lunch was provided by my work today - I tired to keep it reasonable. and dinner was protein and sf jello. Strange but it worked for me today.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    you need to decide how many meals you want to eat each day. you need to decide this with a view to what's going to make you the least hungry. Meal timing doesn't make any difference to actual fat loss (it's the total amount you eat in a day that counts for that) but it can make a big difference in terms of not going hungry for parts of the day and having less chance of giving in to unplanned snacking.... if you're hungry at a particular time of day you need to plan to have a snack then. Divide your total calorie goal by the number of meals. If one of them's a snack you don't have to divide them equally, so long as the total of all your meals/snacks added together equals your calorie goal

once you've done that, start planning each meal.

start with a protein food. It's a good idea to have protein for every meal and protein foods make good snacks too as they're filling.

after you've chosen your protein, then add in some fat (you don't need to add extra fat if your protein food has quite a bit of fat in already) - lots of people think fat is bad, but actually it's an essential nutrient and also fat soluble vitamins are found in fatty foods

then add in a serving or two of fruit or vegetables

the rest of the calories are from carbs or whatever you fancy (i.e. those foods you don't want to live without but don't provide much in the way of protein or micronutrients)

weigh your food carefully to ensure that you're actually eating the number of calories you think you are

- repeat for every meal.
  • prettyfitchick
    prettyfitchick Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I don't think there is an exact diet anyone should follow but there foods u can add that are really good for you start using these and instead of high cal low nutrient foods and you be off to a good start
    1) almonds and nuts
    2) beans and legumes
    3) spinach and green veggies
    4) low fat dairy
    5) plain oat meal
    6) eggs and lean meat
    7) whole grain breads and cereal
    8) olive oil and peanut butter
    9) whey protein
    10) berries