Looking for weight loss friends! 100+ pounds to lose

Options
Well ... here I am. Between being bed ridden for over a year to eating my way through depression, I've gained a LOT of extra weight. I'm now up to 250.. and I desperately want to change.

Looking for encouraging weight loss buddies, maybe people who can give some good tips for someone who is starting out and has little idea what to do for now.

As mentioned above, I was bed ridden for over a year. I suffer from an auto immune disorder & am in nearly constant pain. It makes moving around difficult. It really stinks, considering before I got sick I was in great shape and working out regularly. Now I can barely walk. If anyone knows of some easy workouts that won't cause too much pain I'd love some suggestions.

Replies

• harktosh
    harktosh Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi there!! I'm pretty new on here. I've had an account but just got serious about this. I'd be more than happy to be a weight loss buddy.

I have scoliosis and arthritis which limits a lot of what I can do. For now, I'm beginning with small exercises that physical therapists use. If you have access to water, that may also be a good option. Being in the water provides for an excellent workout without it being so hard on the body.

I'm sure others who have been here on the journey longer will have a lot more suggestions :smile:
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Is there any way you can try swimming? It's easy on the joints & you feel weightless in the water. It's the only exercise I did for the first few months after joining MFP. Here is a link to my 1-year success story with some tips:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1246548-1-year-progress-with-lots-of-pics

Just take it slow - you don't have to exercise if it hurts too much, you can just log and reduce your calories at first & you will lose weight if you are careful and consistent. Maybe as you lose some weight you will be able to be more active with less pain?

Best of luck to you - feel free to send me a friend request if you'd like. :)
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • April1290
    April1290 Posts: 31
    Options
    Feel free to add me!! I'm down 65 pounds with 57 more pounds to go! :)
  • stephanieharms1290
    stephanieharms1290 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Joining MFP is a great start! Start with small goals, you can totally achieve them if you put your mind to it. Good luck with your journey!
  • Ladyfreeman89
    Ladyfreeman89 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I WOULD LOVE TO BE YOUR WEIGHT LOST BUDDY.
  • daffodil1707
    daffodil1707 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am just starting out as well with a lot to loose. I'd be happy to be your friend. Stay positive!