Eat Right For Your BloodType

Options
Hello! So, I was wondering if any of you have tried Eat Right For Your BloodType? I have ADHD and I'm intrigued with the correlation (between my blood type and ADHD) there seems to be. Thoughts?

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I think it's nonsense and I think you should disregard the idea entirely.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    I only drink Type O negative. All the fashionable vampires are drinking it.

tumblr_md77jplhNa1rp4im3o1_500_zpsaaef892a.gif
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    It's like saying someone has blue eyes because their blood type is AB. It's nonsense.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    MGTYSJ5.gif
  • RainRedfield
    RainRedfield Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    It is most likely nonsense, BUT that being said I have type O Negative blood so I eat a lot of proteins anyway and it does well for me.
  • wackicatt
    wackicatt Posts: 23
    Options
    I was on that for years..... Honestly, it was the best diet I was ever on. Full of energy! Great sleep. Everything was great. I am a type A & I basically was a vegetarian, & I love fruits & veggies, but what was good for my blood type was not very common fruits & veggies. It was tough, but I felt great & weight did fall off. What is your blood type?
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I was on that for years..... Honestly, it was the best diet I was ever on. Full of energy! Great sleep. Everything was great. I am a type A & I basically was a vegetarian, & I love fruits & veggies, but what was good for my blood type was not very common fruits & veggies. It was tough, but I felt great & weight did fall off. What is your blood type?

You felt great because you were eating a nutrient dense diet. You lost weight because you were eating fewer calories than you burned, something that lots of fruit and vegetables will contribute towards.

It was not a correlation between your blood type and your diet.
  • NerdyAdventurer
    NerdyAdventurer Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    MGTYSJ5.gif

A+ for the apt meme.

A++++++++ for it being a Sherlock meme

:love:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of this diet

Because I'm a vampire and when humans eat for their blood type I find they taste better
  • daworley
    daworley Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Haha!!
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Your blood type has to do with your genetics. We aren't all exactly the same. I think there could be a correlation but haven't research chef it enough
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    I read that book about 16 years ago when I turned 30. It encouraged me to drink coffee for my type. I went from never drinking coffee to 16 years of excessive coffee drinking bliss:). :drinker:
    Truth.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    The diet is successful for some because it eliminates processed foods. IN SOME CASES, people eating whole foods eat less than they were and lose weight.
  • Charlottesometimes23
    Charlottesometimes23 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Your blood type has to do with your genetics. We aren't all exactly the same. I think there could be a correlation but haven't research chef it enough
    ABO blood type is inherited genetically, but it's about antigens (sugar) on our red blood cells, which has nothing to do with diet. It has no scientific basis.
  • shortt123
    shortt123 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    Eat right for your blood type has worked wonders for many people, so i wouldn't disregard the diet as nonsense. Im O positive, and I followed the diet for a year, roughly. I cut out wheat, most gluten and dairy for the most part. My autoimmune cleared up, and I felt great, digestion improved and I had good energy. I "fell off the wagon" in the winter, and at present, I'm not following the diet. I notice a big change in my overall health. I am getting back to clean eating/blood type diet. If you have any health concerns (autoimmune, ADHD) the blood type diet is worth a try.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I took a look at this when it first came out, and although it sounded absurd I decided to try it for a couple of weeks anyway (just because I'm one curious person who wants try out everything, including the absurd). I'm an O type, so I have to be eating a lot of meat. I did that, and for a person who doesn't like meat all that much I felt miserable. Now feelings aside, the aftermath was constipation, cramps, more acne than I had when I was a teenager, and general sluggishness. The weight I lost during those 2 weeks came all back the next week when I stopped the diet. I guess when it works for someone it's because it excludes a few things a person may be mildly allergic to without knowing like some types of added chemicals during processing, that and the glorious placebo effect. Because I went into it knowing it's absurd, I did not get any benefits. It may be dangerous for some though, like an AB type who is lactose intolerant .

Now I have lost more than 80 pounds with my main food staples being the very things this diet claims would make me gain weight: beans, cruciferous vegetables, grains, dairy, eggs, catfish, mushrooms, peanuts and sunflower seeds. My blood tests show a vast improvement in my health markers and I'm feeling better than ever eating mainly what I'm not allowed to eat.

ADHD is mostly a genetic disease with some cases resulting from the mother smoking or drinking alcohol during pregnancy. It has nothing to do with your blood type.

The only dietary changes that have shown some benefit were restricting food coloring and supplementing with free fatty acids.
    http://ajp.psychiatryonline.org/article.aspx?articleID=1566975
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Placebo affect
  • Dewymorning
    Dewymorning Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Apparently, because people with A blood type descended from vegetarian farmers, I should be eating a vegetarian diet, as my ancestors were vegetarian, and eat lots of grains

However, type O blood types are supposed to be descended from hunter-gatherer types and eat lots of lean meat.

Since my mother is a A blood type, and my dad is an O blood type, wouldn't the logic follow that among my ancestors were both vegetarian farmers and hunter-gatherers? Why should I favour the vegetarian ancestors, just because that is the blood type I happened to inherit?
  • Dewymorning
    Dewymorning Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Wait, I change my mind, it sats Type A's should eat Pineapple.

I will use any excuse to eat more pineapple. :P