Exercise Ideas....

Options
Anyone got any tips for some really good exercise ideas?
I find going to the gym too boring and need something to spice it up again.

Any ideas?

Replies

• Isabelle_33
    Isabelle_33 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Zumba...
  • chrissiehansen
    Options
    zumba's really fun ^^^^^^^^^

flirty girl work out dvd's or hip hop ab's.. they're really fun to do too!

and pilates and yoga are really good for working your core, calming you down, and raising your cardio.

... or see if anyone you know needs a dog to be walked (if you're not allergic to dogs!)

... or go for a nature walk or a hike or something.

... go out with some friends to a club and dance the night away!!

... jump rope outside and do it to the beat of some music!!

and get some friends to join in no matter what!
    I listen to music the whole time I work out which isn't too bad, but it's more fun when I work out with my friends. We support each other and crack jokes and listen to music and act silly, but we still get our hour of exercise in!
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Body pump, walking , swimming,dancing what ever floats your boat ! for me its body pump
  • staceyb_2003
    staceyb_2003 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    people seem to like zumba where as me i have 2 left feet when it coems to anything to do with dancing or aerobics so i avoid them i like the tae bo workouts on you tube though youtube also has a good selection of workouts its worth taking a look to vary your exercise :-)
  • TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    If you want to workout at home Beachbody has awesome workout programs.
  • semiquaver
    Options
    Your favourite music on your ipod and go for a long brisk walk.
  • XLMKX
    XLMKX Posts: 86
    Options
    Are the Tae Bo clips good?
    I was looking for Tae Bo classes near me but there aren't any :(

xx
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    Experiment and find what you like and mix it up for variety's sake. You could try looking at the free workouts on http://www.exercisetv.tv/
  • jmelhouck
    Options
    It depends on what you want to do. If you're wanting to build up muscle, you need equipment. If you want to lose weight and just tone up, you can do that at home completely free.

I love this site.... http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html. Not only does it list the muscles and groups, it shows exercises for the gym or just using body weight to work them. If you want to go for the extreme workout, go to your local book store (or Amazon) and get a book called "The United States Marine Corps Workout: Revised Edition". I know. I know. The words Marine and workout together scare the crap out of people. Its not that bad. Drill Instructors are not included so you'll be fine. It's a small, easy to read book that will give you great ideas on what to do and there are pictures on how to do the stretches and exercises. There are also example exercise plans. There's even one for people trying to get in shape to start boot camp, even starting out sedentary.

I can tell you from experience, these guys know what they're talking about and it definitely works! Also, if you do check this book out, the guy demonstrating the stretches and exercises was my Senior Drill Instructor when I was at Parris Island.
  • Chelsey8D
    Options
    If you have an old xbox, DDR (dance dance revolution) burns a surprising amount and is pretty fun. most of them also have a 'workout mode' where you put in your weight and it estimates your calories burned.

I also youtube cardio kickboxing, yoga, zumba, and hip-hop workouts. It's a good way to try some of the videos people suggested to see if you want to spend the $ on the actual DVD.
  • chrissiehansen
    Options
    Are the Tae Bo clips good?
    I was looking for Tae Bo classes near me but there aren't any :(

xx

Tae Bo is awesome. I did some old school Tae Bo VHS tapes this morning with my best friend!!! haha, it's pretty fun, I'd just turn the volume down on it though and play your own music because it's a little dated, haha