a little help please?!

Options
oh dear.... i feel really crap today, i came down with a cold yesterday and its obviously mutated!! BAD TIMES!

Anyway getting to the point... i was going to go for a run today but really really dont feel like it... so was wondering if any of you guys and gals out there know of any ways i can get a full body workout without leaving the house??

I really do want to go out for a run but i soooo dont have the motivation to get all my gear on to run half a mile n crash haha... i might do later if i feel any better lol...

But if anybody out there knows how i can do this please drop me a line.... i dont want to give up cos a cold.... also dont wanna go to the chocolate cupboard cos that will be soul destroying when i step on the scales!

NNNOOOOOOOOOO....HELP MEEEEEE!!!!

Replies

• championnfl
    championnfl Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    lISTEN TO YOUR BODY! When you have a cold, the body needs all its energys on fighting the virus. Going & doing exercises during this time slows down the process. So take a few days off,get well, come back strong!:wink: Watch your calorie intake, drink diet ginger ale[electrolights] & soup[chix noodle]. Get plenty of rest.:smile:
  • lushy20
    lushy20 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    im not feeling all that great at the moment either but if you feel up to it maybe just do some exercise at home?
    do you have any dvd's or anything you can exercise off? even if its just for 20 minutes its better than nothing.
    you should listen to your body tho, when your ill you should just rest and dont overdo it, it may take you longer to get better.
  • tootsiesugar
    Options
    I like to lock the door, put some music on and dance like no ones watching! boy it wears you out and really is a full body workout! but so much more fun! try it for a while track and you'll get your heart racing!
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    I like to lock the door, put some music on and dance like no ones watching! boy it wears you out and really is a full body workout! but so much more fun! try it for a while track and you'll get your heart racing!

Good idea
  • fadingsecret
    Options

I love doing this, its about the only exercise I actually want to do. If you are feeling really bad because of your cold you could try yoga, plenty of videos on you tube :)
    Xx
  • FerryfieldLad
    FerryfieldLad Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Hey,

First off - everyone gets ill, sometimes it gets in the way of exercise.

It really can't be helped.

What I find good when I can't get out is walking up and down the stairs a little bit. Keep doing it till I'm out of breath and then start again a bit later on. The good thing with being at home is that you can stretch your workouts across the day and hopefully not have a huge impact on making you feel worse.

Hope this helps and chin up - you will get better soon and be able to get back to it!
  • MrsHunterFellows
    MrsHunterFellows Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    i did a mile run.... boy was i exhausted!!.... it was raining and i felt i couldn't stay in the house.... hey its done now and i did feel better for doing it... i haven't been able to stop bingeing tho...a ll those chocolates left over from christmas and they are always in my face so i cant resist but oh well the damage is done and tomorrow is another day so i shall start again haha!!

thank you for your support peoples nits really really appreciated! xxx
  • varnold7
    Options
    Try Zumba, netflix offers zumba and you can get a varitey of dance vidoes that can be fun and energizing for a switch up and done inside.
  • MrsHunterFellows
    MrsHunterFellows Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Zumba.. thats like £69.99!! im just about to pay alot of money to have me motorbike fixed lol....