Update hiking calories/options?

Options
Hello all. I am an avid hiker, but in my line of work it is called rucking. My only concern is that when I am choosing hiking, cross country, weighted, the only choices I have are less that 10 lbs or up to 20 lbs. In my situation, and many like me, we are carrying min 50 lbs up to 90 lbs and traveling at roughly a 13 min mi pace. Does anyone know of a more accurate counter? Thanks for any help in this area, I know it is not a exercise that most people find appealing...but I love it!!!

Replies

• airfern
    airfern Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I hike a lot too - though usually without a large pack. I don't know of a better counter but I've been using a heart rate monitor to get more accurate estimates. I'm curious to see if anyone suggests another counter too.
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I'm very disappointed with the hiking options, as I do a lot of hills but without a pack and there is no option for that, but cross country does not take hills into account. Anyway, I use a HRM for hiking too. I just now thought of another program I used to use so I will look that up right now to see what the options/calorie burns are there.
  • CaitySins
    CaitySins Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    If you get a heart rate monitor or someone has one and carries that weight can't they add it to the database?