Knocking on 40's door!

jstait
jstait Posts: 2
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
Hi. Have been going a week now and it's not going too bad. Decided that reaching 40 and being obese wasn't a combination i was happy with. Started off slow and easy but managing to come in below calorie count each day. We'll see how things go but I'm determined to lose more than 7 lb (my usual effort in the past). Here's to a longer, lighter and happier future for all!

Replies

• seachelle
    seachelle Posts: 69 Member
    Wishing you all the best in your weight loss journey! I just turned 40 in December and I plan to rock this decade!!!!
  • addman72
    addman72 Posts: 220
    Im 39 this year , but Ive had enough been overweight and decided to go on this journey so by the time I turn 40 I wont be fat.

Good luck on your journey
  • goaliema
    goaliema Posts: 150 Member
    :laugh: I am turning 40 next month and I will embrace it ...rather than it embrace me! I have a Fab 40 list of things I want to accomplish from the day I turn 40 to the day I turn 41.. one is learning how to kayak with my son this summer. Getting healthy is one of the biggest ones on the list. a concert with an old concert going friend.

I am not sure when you will be 40..but make yourself a Fab 40 list. Make sure they are things that you can do within your power. Enlist the help of your family and friends.

To...here's to turning 40 :drinker: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

All the best goaliema
  • I love your positive attitude.
    I too am knocking on the door to 40, although I only want to lose 6 kg. Its better to do it sooner than later.
    Keep up the good work . Nat
  • glandis
    glandis Posts: 89
    I'm knocking too! I'll be 40 this year and I too have decided to look fab at 40. Good Luck to all of us as we lose the weight!
    I am not happy aboout being 40 by the way LOL:sad:
  • MsMonny
    MsMonny Posts: 183
    Welcome! :flowerforyou:

I am 40 in early Feb and I was hoping to be Fit and Fab before it BUT I will be happy to be F&F during it!! :happy:
  • MsMonny
    MsMonny Posts: 183
    I'm knocking too! I'll be 40 this year and I too have decided to look fab at 40. Good Luck to all of us as we lose the weight!
    I am not happy aboout being 40 by the way LOL:sad:

No way!! Party like its 1999 (sorry, just had to say that as we would know what it means LOL).......... party0039.gif
  • jstait
    jstait Posts: 2
    Thanks for all your messages. Here's to being F&F (use whatever words fit!!!). Age is just a number - in my mind I'm still late 20s, shame the mirror tells me a different story! Good luck all!
This discussion has been closed.