An Vegans Out There?

Options

Replies

• Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I'm not strictly vegan, still eating eggs and cheese, drinking milk and eating fish.

I am a semi vegan and this sounds similar to what I'm doing. I love sushi with fish and I have a "cheat day" 3x per week when I eat stuff like burgers and hot wings. It's working great for me!!!!!!

i cheat 2 times per day... am i semi vegan?

I'm no expert.but I'm pretty sure that means you're vegetarian

Ugh, the term is part-time vegan!!!
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I'm not strictly vegan, still eating eggs and cheese, drinking milk and eating fish.

Pescetarian, that is the word you are looking for.

Ovo-lacto-pescetarian
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,731 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan when I eat salad, except for all those bacon bits.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options

Ovo-lacto-pescetarian

Omnivore is so much easier to say, though.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options

Yea well you're a pesky-tarian
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    how can someone be "half vegan"?

Isn't vegan a lifestyle?

What are they the other half of the time?

Does it mean I'm vegan when I'm eating carrots, but not when I'm eating a hamburger?
  • da_bears1008
    da_bears1008 Posts: 354
    Options
    how can someone be "half vegan"?

Isn't vegan a lifestyle?

What are they the other half of the time?

Does it mean I'm vegan when I'm eating carrots, but not when I'm eating a hamburger?

yes... yes it does
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

Ovo-lacto-pescetarian

I was taking the "baby steps" method.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

I am not strictly pesky, but when I am it's to be a pesky-tarian.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options

Ovo-lacto-pescetarian

But not nearly as smug.
    Omnivore is so much easier to say, though.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I am vegetarian and am moving toward cutting out dairy and eggs. (Eggs are vile anyway.)
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options

I am not strictly pesky, but when I am it's to be a pesky-tarian.

I think thats called a passivo-aggroanarian
  • VeganEquestrian
    VeganEquestrian Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I've been vegan for a year and a half and love it!!!
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    I love being vegan. I have so much more energy than when "Bessie" was on the menu. :)

I hope that happens to me. Feeling like reconstituted death at the moment, though. But it might be coincidence. Besides, I gave Atkins two weeks to get me feeling better when it made me feel like crap, so I figure I owe Bessie and the rest of the barnyard bunch two weeks of not eating them to see if I feel better, too.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    I just started yesterday. Purely ethical reasons. Been vegetarian before, but not sure what I've gotten myself into with this. If I get sick, tired, or gain weight, Bessie is back on the menu. With that said, feel free to add me.

Wait, what?
    It's an ethical reason but you'll go back to eating meat? Just trying to understand. I know some people that went vegetarian and they actually developed a food allergy to beans, so I can understand that. Have you done much research on what you'll need to make sure you'll get nutrition wise? I say this because I know tons of people that have gone vegetarian/vegan and didn't know what they should be doing and didn't get proper nutrition (I was probably one for a long time since I started being a vegetarian 24 years ago).
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    I just started yesterday. Purely ethical reasons. Been vegetarian before, but not sure what I've gotten myself into with this. If I get sick, tired, or gain weight, Bessie is back on the menu. With that said, feel free to add me.

Wait, what?
    It's an ethical reason but you'll go back to eating meat? Just trying to understand. I know some people that went vegetarian and they actually developed a food allergy to beans, so I can understand that. Have you done much research on what you'll need to make sure you'll get nutrition wise? I say this because I know tons of people that have gone vegetarian/vegan and didn't know what they should be doing and didn't get proper nutrition (I was probably one for a long time since I started being a vegetarian 24 years ago).

If I get sick, of course I'll go back to eating meat. Ethical and willing to die to not a eat a cow are two different things in my book. I have done the research, even taking a multivitamin, too, just in case.
  • SushiKite
    SushiKite Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Plant based, whole foods, no processed foods. Well for the most part. Still struggle with junk food as my husband leaves it lying around all the time. Chips in particular.
  • VeganHippieLady
    VeganHippieLady Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Vegan for over a decade .... feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • PattyH01540
    Options
    Why would you get sick from eating Vegan?? If you follow a good Vegan diet it is healthy! IMO eating animal flesh and secretions will make you sick.
  • JenD1066
    JenD1066 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Greetings!
    I've been vegan for 25 years. Sending a friend request.