Girls ONLY :)

Options
2»

Replies

• TennVolsGal
    TennVolsGal Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm on Mirena too and absolutely love it. I had it put in in October.

You can have it though if you haven't had kids, it's just painful. I researched it alot before I had it put in and talked to my doctor and basically the pain varies from person to person. Some people say it's the worst pain they've ever experienced. It was pretty bad for me, though not THAT bad. And I was expecting a ripping tearing kind of pain but it was more like intense cramping. Plus if you're doctor gives you meds to help soften your cervix that helps alot.

Tried to have it put in and screamed bloody murder, I wasn't given any meds. They actually put in my chart patient screamed LOL. Would love to have it put in but maybe after kids.
  • gypsyrosedog
    Options
    Minera is great....after a while. I had mine about 4 months after having my son. Insertion was only slightly uncomfortable but my Dr. was super quick. I was a bad patient too because I was TERRIFIED even though I have a high pain tolerance. I had taken meds to dilate the cervix and high dose inbufrofen by prescrition prior. My two minor issues were very painfull cramping for a few days and at lease a month of spotting....now everything is fine but not sure about the cycle effect because I'm still breastfeeding. I honestly am not looking forward to the 5 year mark.
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I'm on the nuvaring and I love it! I used to be on the pill, but now I'd never go back. You get the same freedom of mind as the shot, except rather going every three months for an injection, you just take the ring out and put a new one in once a month. You don't have to worry about anything on a daily basis. Plus, it's more effective than the pill because the hormones are delivered consistantly. The only thing that could harm effectivness is antinbiotics, but that's the same with any method you can use.

If you have questions about the ring, just ask. I'd recommend that before the shot, pill, or anything else!

Shannon
  • minnesota
    minnesota Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I actually have an IUD (which i recommend and you dont need to have kids first because i dont) but i am also on seasonal which you may get your period four times a year. I'm on it for acne, but I dont have any side effects.
  • H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I did seasonale/seasonique. No side effects. No weight gain. Only 4 periods a year. Loved it!

You're very pretty, by the way!
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I'm on Mirena too and absolutely love it. I had it put in in October.

You can have it though if you haven't had kids, it's just painful. I researched it alot before I had it put in and talked to my doctor and basically the pain varies from person to person. Some people say it's the worst pain they've ever experienced. It was pretty bad for me, though not THAT bad. And I was expecting a ripping tearing kind of pain but it was more like intense cramping. Plus if you're doctor gives you meds to help soften your cervix that helps alot.

Tried to have it put in and screamed bloody murder, I wasn't given any meds. They actually put in my chart patient screamed LOL. Would love to have it put in but maybe after kids.

I too have Mirena. I went during my lunch hour from work to have it done. Once inserted I had some intense cramping that lasted a few minutes, but the doctor stayed with me until they went away I felt better. I then went right back to work with no problems- maybe a little more cramping, but nothing very bad. I still have a period though, although it is more "spotting" than than anything else, and only lasts a day or two. My 5 years is coming up in May and I am wondering if I should have another one inserted, or try something else?
  • mamijujuphat
    mamijujuphat Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Is different for every woman, what method works for one may not work for another, they all have side effects. I was on depo injection for years, With my schedule I knew I would forget the pill, it was great because I didn't have to worry about it for 3 months , & yes no "monthly visitor" for months ,while it worked... hormone intake was making me gain weight, I switched doctors & the doctor recommended the IUD, with exercise & diet I dropped 20 lbs on my own, & with a lot less trouble than when I was with depo, I'm not saying go out & try every method but talk to your doctor & see what birth control can work for you with less side effects as possible

3084094.png
      Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • staceyb_2003
    staceyb_2003 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    i'm on the progesterone only pill
  • qtwells82
    qtwells82 Posts: 352
    Options
    Ortho Tri-Cyclen pill. Have been on it for years...haven’t noticed weight gain form just that though.
    Although I did gain weight throughout the years...that’s mainly because I ate anything and everything.
    Good Luck! There are so many options out there now :smile:
  • braddydm
    braddydm Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, I had my husband "fixed"... the best birth control EVER!! lol No side effects at all!!!
  • HollyGolightly14
    Options
    This is quite an interesting topic! I have been on Yasmin for years and don't recall putting on any weight when I first began taking it.

I wish they had a generic for Yasmin here in Australia (as a few of you seem to take - I'm assuming in the US?) as it's one of the most expensive pills, due to the lack of side affects I believe.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Hi, I had my husband "fixed"... the best birth control EVER!! lol No side effects at all!!!

LOL, I dont think my BF would be down for that idea :)
  • ryandarby
    Options
    TROJAN MAGNUM CONDOMS. Nuff said
  • lilac01
    lilac01 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    TROJAN MAGNUM CONDOMS. Nuff said
    Yeah!!!