I see sausages!!!!

Options
Ok, just interested in how you all visualise each pound you loose?
Call me crazy but I see Sausages! I figure 1lb of sausages is about 8 individual sausages...it makes even a single pound lost seem soo much more. So far I've lost 16 sausages! lol!

what do you see?

Replies

• CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    LOL, I love your visualization, very nice, and useful too. There's a show on BBC, "you are what you eat" or something along those lines, and I recall they used huge mounds of Cheese, Chocolate, Sandwiches, slabs of Meat, etc, whatever the persons main "comfort food" was and used the food to visualize the excess weight the person had on their body.
  • FerryfieldLad
    FerryfieldLad Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Haha I love it!

I didn't see anything, I found it hard to imagine what I was losing. Now I will see sausages!!
  • fannyanntut
    fannyanntut Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    May start the Sausage Club...my total aim is to loose...hang on let me work this out...560 sausages in total! Ok, maybe that wasn't a good idea. I'll keep my total in pounds as it seems less scary! :happy:
  • MsMonny
    MsMonny Posts: 183
    Options
    I see tubs of margarine or butter...here they are packaged in 250g, 500g and 1kg tubs. Easy to see how much 'butter' I am losing off my body!
  • crystaltrejo
    crystaltrejo Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Butter....I see a pound of butter sitting on the gym floor...lmao.:tongue:
  • plainjoe81
    plainjoe81 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Ground beef, I can picture it in the shape of a stomach roll, or a love handle, and know what a lb of ground beef looks like in the super market. Then I start getting hungry. :tongue:
  • fannyanntut
    Options
    That and bags of suger I've heard before! Its a good idea don't you think?
    I don't eat a lot of sugar so have always found it hard to use that as a means of seeing my weight.
  • FerryfieldLad
    FerryfieldLad Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    May start the Sausage Club...my total aim is to loose...hang on let me work this out...560 sausages in total! Ok, maybe that wasn't a good idea. I'll keep my total in pounds as it seems less scary! :happy:

:-)
  • fannyanntut
    Options
    Ive not seen the program...may have to youtube it.

ps. you have tattoo wings! I plan on getting some when I qualify from Uni
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Ground beef, I can picture it in the shape of a stomach roll, or a love handle, and know what a lb of ground beef looks like in the super market. Then I start getting hungry. :tongue:

:laugh:
  • fannyanntut
    Options
    Here's another thread that will help you visualize what you've lost. It's pretty funny too!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/113190-help-i-ve-lost-my-cat

Hee Hee!! that's funny!! thanks
  • freddiesmyfirst
    Options
    Lol, love it. I have a thing for Richmond sausages at the moment (bad!!!!!) so I may have to nick this idea and visualise sausages :-D
  • MISTTIMI
    Options
    Once at a weight watchers meeting around valentines day the instructor passed around red sweetheart boxes and everyone thought it was candy.. but when we opened the top it was several sticks of butter, Indicating instead of eating candy we could lose that much fat! Now when I think of losing a pound I think of those sticks of butter.
  • fannyanntut
    Options
    Lol, love it. I have a thing for Richmond sausages at the moment (bad!!!!!) so I may have to nick this idea and visualise sausages :-D

Ooo Richmonds! me too, in fact I have a weakness for all sausages! even when people tell me they're made from 'lugs and lips' I still drool! :laugh:
  • wintervixen78
    wintervixen78 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I once went to a weightloss group and the group leader showed me a modal of 5lbs of fat. I never forget how big and heavy 5lbs of fat actually is! It was the size and heavyness as a 5 litre bottle of water.

I love Richmonds too, but I've switched to veggies and have Richmonds at the weekend, or when I have time to go for good walk :o) yum yum yum
  • mikeyml
    mikeyml Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I think of a 5lb bag of sugar when I lose or gain that amount. For large weights I think of the 40lb bag of dog food that I buy for my dogs every month. If I reach my goal then it would be like losing 1.5 of those 40 lb dog food bags. :noway: