Replies

• morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    i was thinking of getting it for the X-box
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    I don't know yet - got it for Christmas. I can tell you that I enjoy it but how much it's helping, I don't know.
  • OSUWrestler285
    Options
    I am a store manager of a Best Buy and we have sold a ton of them. Our customers have come back in for more accessories to go with it and they say that it is a fun way for anyone of any age to get a good, fun workout.

Hope this helps
  • katevonr
    Options
    I have it and am iffy on it. I've just started using it, and I don't know that it precisely fits my lifestyle. This is a great game if your wii is your MAIN method of exercise. But I prefer the real gym, and use to squeeze in short (or long) workouts here and there or on days I can't make it to the gym.

This game wants you to log on daily and also wants you to log everything the way MFP does. You are supposed to enter calories you've eaten for the day, other calories exercised, etc. Additionally, you enter your own weight, the wii fit board does not weigh you. So there is a lot of maintainence on this game, but again, this may work better for other people's routines.

On the upside, I really do like the workouts. And you can elect to work out with our without the wii fit balance board, so if you don't have the wii fit board, you can still play the game.

Hope this helps!
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    I have it and am iffy on it. I've just started using it, and I don't know that it precisely fits my lifestyle. This is a great game if your wii is your MAIN method of exercise. But I prefer the real gym, and use to squeeze in short (or long) workouts here and there or on days I can't make it to the gym.

This game wants you to log on daily and also wants you to log everything the way MFP does. You are supposed to enter calories you've eaten for the day, other calories exercised, etc. Additionally, you enter your own weight, the wii fit board does not weigh you. So there is a lot of maintainence on this game, but again, this may work better for other people's routines.

On the upside, I really do like the workouts. And you can elect to work out with our without the wii fit balance board, so if you don't have the wii fit board, you can still play the game.

YOu can also integrate the stability ball and the resistance bands, if you want into the workouts. I also enjoy the challenges (games).

My only downside (noticed since my last post) is that my hubbie and I are both on it. Set to different levels and different times but we tend to do the same workout daily. I'm supposed to be focused on whole body and he on chest and arms and we do the same exercises...weird.....but getting more used to it and enjoying it more as I do.

Some of the exercises don't register properly thoguh and yesterday his character on screen was IN the floor, not on it...made me giggle though.

Hope this helps!

You don't have to do any of that - i have the calorie logging turned off. The Wii is set to weigh me everytime I start a routine. You can manually choose a single routine (after choosing a "plan")