Exercise bike?

Options
So i have one of these sitting in my bedroomi went on it once when i got it just after xmas planned on doin 30 mins thought it would be a breeze afterall i used to manage a normal bike ok ... but yikes i was shattered after a few mins. Should i do intervals either 3 mins fast 2 slow etc just to get back into it slowly

Replies

• tinkerbell1964
    Options
    Hi Stacey i bought one at the weekend , from Tesco , it has a resistance band built in, i start off on the an easy setting for the first 5 mins and then i start making it harder for the final 25 mins .... i managed 30 mins yesterday no problem , mind you i am feeling a little saddle sore today lol
  • staceyb_2003
    staceyb_2003 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    yep the saddles are a bit uncomftable aren't they lol
  • OSUWrestler285
    Options
    Hey,

Those seats are uncomfortable! Did you know that you can get bigger and/or softer ones that are easy to install. You can find these at almost any sporting goods store.

Also, I have been easing back onto the bike and treadmil and have found that doing a week or so where I did an hour of slow pace really worked up my endurance and got me back into the swing of things. Now, I am able to do intervals without burning out so much.

Hope this helps; good luck with everything!
  • saramathers22
    Options
    I have had an exercise bike since September and it has sat doing nothing, but now that Im properly trying to lose weight I thought I had better get on it!! Went on last night only for 10 mins but I was knackered hehe!! And yeah I agree, the seats are very uncomfy!

x
  • Kazzieandrak
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I actually don't like to do exercise bike those seats are horrible! I thought I was the only one that was complaining about it hehehe
    Do you have a trick or something that could help with that? I don't have a bike so I have to use the bikes that are on the gym
    what can I do? I have to do it :S
    20 mins of hell with that seats!
  • saramathers22
    Options
    I have been putting a cushion or a big jumper on mine, but it tends to slip of so I still don't really have a good solution - but if I find one, shall let you all know :D
  • fmouco
    fmouco Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    In fact the seats are not very comfortable, I changed my seat for a softgel one. Besides there are specific biking shorts that have cushions (these were great for me).

But even doing this, the first 2 weeks were not very comfortable, then I got used to it and do not feel anything anymore.

One very, very important detail: I bought a women's bike. The position you seat is slightly different (less inclined) and the weight distribution goes more to your ischial bones. That makes a HUGE difference for girls.

Good luck!
  • pandafoo
    pandafoo Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I recently bought a Schwinn upright exercise bike, and the seat is definitely uncomfortable! But I found this imitation sheepskin seat cover on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Imitation-Sheepskin-Padded-Bicycle-Cover/dp/B000NZIOSM/

It's cheap and works well! Even comes with a foam insert for more padding. It's easy to put on because of its drawstring feature.