Bluetooth Headphones for Running?

Options
I'm looking for a good set. Any suggestions. I have really good wired ones, but the wires get in the way. I found these: JayBird BlueBuds X Sport. Any hear of them or use them before?

Replies

• autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    I have a different brand of bluetooth earbuds. I find that the cord connecting the buds drags in the sweat on my neck and pulls the buds from my ears if I turn my head at all. I tried running with the cord hanging under my jaw, but it was long enough to catch my thumbs in and that wasn't any better than wired earbuds. I think they would work best if I attached the middle of the cord to my hair in the back, somehow, but I am stymied at this point, because my head is mostly shaved. So I'm back to wired earbuds, pinned to the inside of my shirt so that the weight of the wire doesn't pull my earbuds out - if I really need the music. I have bigger issues with sweat drenched electronics and lack of pockets, so I mostly don't bother with music, lately.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I had the Motorola S10-HD but after a year of daily charging the battery shorted out and melted them. Getting the Motorola S11-HD for Fathers Day. Really like the sound and I can also hear traffic and people around me. I also can take a call while I am running if needed. I report back here on how I like the new ones. I never can keep the wired ear buds in, Bluetooth is the only way for me.
  • NaeNaeJanae
    NaeNaeJanae Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I have a different brand of bluetooth earbuds. I find that the cord connecting the buds drags in the sweat on my neck and pulls the buds from my ears if I turn my head at all. I tried running with the cord hanging under my jaw, but it was long enough to catch my thumbs in and that wasn't any better than wired earbuds. I think they would work best if I attached the middle of the cord to my hair in the back, somehow, but I am stymied at this point, because my head is mostly shaved. So I'm back to wired earbuds, pinned to the inside of my shirt so that the weight of the wire doesn't pull my earbuds out - if I really need the music. I have bigger issues with sweat drenched electronics and lack of pockets, so I mostly don't bother with music, lately.

Thank you for this! I was thinking of getting some too. My wired ones don't really bother me though. I hate when the earbuds keep getting pulled out! :)
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    The only time I've had an issue with my Bluebuds was during a half marathon in a heavy rain when the combination of water and impact would cause one ear to come a little loose every couple of miles. I do wear mine in the over the ear method which reduces the slack on the cord quite a bit.
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options

Thank you for this! I was thinking of getting some too. My wired ones don't really bother me though. I hate when the earbuds keep getting pulled out! :)

I wanted the bluetooth earbuds JUST so that I wouldn't keep catching my thumbs on the cord and pulling them right out of my ears. I was so disappointed when it didn't solve my problems.
  • IrishHarpy1
    IrishHarpy1 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I've had the Jaybird Freedom 4 earbuds for over a year of pretty much daily use, and they've been *fantastic*. Amazing sound, no issues with the cord sticking to the back of my neck (and trust me, I *sweat* during my workouts), and good for about 4 hours on a charge. *SO* much better than dealing with the ridiculously long cord my Sennheiser Sport earbuds have, and I love the little "wings" that keep the buds firmly in place.
  • H0llyG0lightly
    H0llyG0lightly Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Mine are Plantronics. I only use one bud at a time, and so use a binder clip to clip the other bud to my collar. I leave enough slack when pinning to prevent any neck movements from pulling the one bud out of my ear.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Got the Motorola S11-HD today. Haven't had a chance to run with them but I love all the adjustments for a good fit. The ear buds seem to attach better than the S10's, I was always losing them. Sound is great and they simplified the buttons on the sides so I don't need to go into panic mode when a call comes in wondering which side of my head the proper button is on. I will update after a run.
  • chunt87
    chunt87 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for a good set. Any suggestions. I have really good wired ones, but the wires get in the way. I found these: JayBird BlueBuds X Sport. Any hear of them or use them before?

YES I have these and I have had them for 2 weeks and so far they are amazingly awesomely the bestest earphones I have had ever ever ever ever. I got them from bestbuy and got the replacement thing if they fail in 2 years so I can replace them. Sorry for the enthusiasm but there was a terrible pair I had for a short period and these are night and day opposites.

Background: I like to jog outside and listen to what my HRM is telling me to stay on track with my goals. These assist with that. I did buy a set called jabra wireless plus but they didn't work too well for what I wanted. I would try to listen to my music while jogging and there was no bass in my music adjusted everything in the phone to try to fix it with no joy whatsoever. Tried all the little earbuds and still had terrible wind noise. It was very annoying and I returned them and bought the jaybirds bluebuds. They are comfortable and I wear them every day I go work out and they don't fall out or anything.
  • pope66682
    pope66682 Posts: 249 Member
    Options

YES I have these and I have had them for 2 weeks and so far they are amazingly awesomely the bestest earphones I have had ever ever ever ever. I got them from bestbuy and got the replacement thing if they fail in 2 years so I can replace them. Sorry for the enthusiasm but there was a terrible pair I had for a short period and these are night and day opposites.

Background: I like to jog outside and listen to what my HRM is telling me to stay on track with my goals. These assist with that. I did buy a set called jabra wireless plus but they didn't work too well for what I wanted. I would try to listen to my music while jogging and there was no bass in my music adjusted everything in the phone to try to fix it with no joy whatsoever. Tried all the little earbuds and still had terrible wind noise. It was very annoying and I returned them and bought the jaybirds bluebuds. They are comfortable and I wear them every day I go work out and they don't fall out or anything.

Thank You for your feedback. I actually found another set that look to be really perfect for what I need. JBL Synchros Reflect BT. They are brand new, no real reviews yet. I guess ill be the first. The JayBirds will be my fallback.
  • chunt87
    chunt87 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    those look like they will provide a good fit too, just be sure that wherever you buy them from you can take them back in case you dont like them because bluetooth wireless headphones are a bit on the expensive side. I would have hated to have been stuck with something that was 100 bucks and I didnt like (the jabras). I was also looking at blueants pump set too when I was shopping. good luck and I hope you like them :)
  • marilync1266
    marilync1266 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I use Motorola S305 for the last 2 years - they are great and I got them pretty cheap on amazon
  • marrytran93
    marrytran93 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I think it is difficult to choose the best bluetooth headphones for running. But In my opinion I think you should choose Sony SBH80 Bluetooth in-ear headphones. With battery life enough time for a day about 6 hours and delivers better sound for running.