Binges?

So if you accidentally eat too many calories at around breakfast, or early in the day, should you still try to stick with your calorie limit of the day, or just eat regularly, and go higher than your limit? I'm wondering, because every so often I find myself like this, and I havent found an answer yet.

Replies

• It might be difficult to cut your calories for the rest of the day. Go with your week allowance easier to spread a little deficit over 7 days than one.
  • DecemberPsalm
    DecemberPsalm Posts: 96 Member
    If you are prone to bingeing, do not try and restrict for the remainder of the day. Few people have that type of willpower - it will only make you miserable and end up bingeing even more later on. Been there, done that!
  • stephv38
    stephv38 Posts: 203 Member
    I have also found it to be a great tool to think about weekly calories and thus reign in a binge day. Your day may be shot but your week isnt! Pre-logging is another binge fighter for me.
  • jmangini
    jmangini Posts: 166 Member
    I have also found it to be a great tool to think about weekly calories and thus reign in a binge day. Your day may be shot but your week isnt! Pre-logging is another binge fighter for me.
    I agree with this. It helps to think of it in weeks. If you shave a 100 calories 5 our of 7 days, that's 500 less total calories you consumed that week and over an extended period of time that should cause you to keep losing, assuming your calorie target is low enough to lost weight to begin with.

And as another person said, if you prone to binging and I sure have been, tying to force yourself to go long periods of time could result in you pigging out at bedtime. You're better off trying to eat low calorie foods earlier even if you do go over for that day. Then try to be smarter the next day.

You also might want to focus on going longer periods earlier in the day and save some of those calories for later on when you will feel like you have a lot left. It may motivate you a bit more.