I just discovered Swiss Chard!

Options
So I bought some rainbow chard at the farmer's market today. I've been aware of it, but never eaten it, I bought it because it was pretty :) After some Googling around for ideas, I decided to stir fry it with a drizzle of olive oil, minced garlic, bacon bits and half a chopped apple. I served it alongside some whitefish, barley and steamed sweet snap peas (also from the farmer's market :) PHENOMENAL. Seriously, I want more. If you haven't tried it, do it. If you have, how do you cook your chard?

Replies

• sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I love chard and had bunch in my garden last year. I would saute as you did or put in pasta, soups, quiches, or with beans. You cannot, however, dehydrate to make chard chips like you can with kale. Tried it and didn't work.

ETA - I'd also saute and top with poached eggs, and good balsamic and olive oil, and s&p. That was really good.
  • apparations
    apparations Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Yum!! I saw rainbow chard at the Farmer's Market last week... I am definitely getting some Monday!
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    Just wait until you try rapini (aka broccoli raab).
  • sparklenglitter
    sparklenglitter Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Love it ! I use it often ! Isteam it, then drizzle olive oil add minced garlic, sea salt and cracked pepper. Yum Yum !
  • sandmama
    sandmama Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have some in the garden right now. First time growing it. Getting ready to eat some in a few days, so nice to know you like it!