Wellness Challenge at Work-Before/After

Options
Hi all-

I just wanted to say that I have read alot of posts on here and everyone is so awesome. What a great place to go to see transformation, inspiration a whole lot of good advice from all walks of life. Thanks to you guys I got a heart rate watch that was recommended!

Anyways here's my success story.

On Jan 6 we started a wellness challenge at work. It was more to help people learn how to eat right and get in shape. Well needless to say I hit the ground running. Cleaned my diet up, worked out everyday after work and on Friday mornings (my day off!) I would go to the gym and do Insanity classes with co-workers. I also got myself a personal trainer.

It was great because I saw the changes and it felt good. I had my day 1 picture up and a log of the days that passed with motivational quotes. I never really "tracked" before and now I realized it needed to be more than just 2 months.

Well the wellness challenge officially ended in June. Five months later and I'm the winner!! It's such a great feeling to see people notice the change and be jealous for it! I committed to it and it worked!

And now I'm training for a half marathon in October and ran a 10k a few weeks ago. From insanity workouts to insane runs! :)

I wanted to post my before and after and know that this is just the beginning. The journey always continues and if you do take it day by day, it will become routine. (And totally ok to slip up and make mistakes because I totally did!)

Weight before: 135 BF%: About 25%

before.jpg
free picture upload

Weight after: 118 BF%: 21

after.jpg
img upload

I'm still working on a few things and full disclosure that I did Photoshop but only to enhance the color, I did not touch my body :)

Thank you to all who post here and keep everyone motivated!

You all are rockstars!!

Replies

• allison7922
    allison7922 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Well done! You look amazing! I too am in a work weight loss challenge although it's only 3 months long and I have a lot more to lose than you!! I am in 4th place out of 20 people and hoping to work my way up!! Congrats!
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Great job :) Good luck on your future half! :flowerforyou:
  • Nissi51
    Nissi51 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Great accomplishment!!! Congrats
  • rgagnon1
    rgagnon1 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! How tallbare you? I ask because 118 is my goal weight
  • emjohnson03
    emjohnson03 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    It's funny you should ask because I totally forgot to put my height in the post!

I'm 5"5 exactly. :)

Thank you all for your kind words!

Need to stay motivated to keep off the pounds and lower the body fat (muscle tone!!) just a bit so I can be a stronger runner!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!